cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI Scenario A to B to C

VLT06
Level 3
Level 3

Just wondering what fields to check in Call Manager (8.5) where I want the original calling number's cli passed on via forwarding....

Scenario being....

Mobile Phone A = 0414 444 444

Cisco Desk Phone = 03 888 888

Mobile Phone B = 0414 555 555

“Mobile phone A” calls “Cisco Desk Phone” which is forwarded to “Mobile Phone B”. I want number 0414 444 444 to appear as CLI on 0414 555 555.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers!

8 Replies 8

What kind of PSTN connection do you have?

If its a PRI (MGCP or H323), you may just be able to check the "Redirecting Number IE Delivery-Outbound" check box in the outbound calls section on the voice gateway in which the forwarded call is exiting. If that doesnt work, then you may want to check with your provider to see if there is some sort of screening table on their end that would prevent you from sending outbound caller id that doesnt belong to your DID range.

If its FXO, the outbound caller id here cannot be manipulated.

If its a SIP CUBE, then you may need to do some sort of translation in the CUBE to send a diversion header with a redirecting number that the provider will recognize, along with the original calling party's number.

Hope that makes sense.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

James Riddle wrote:

Just wondering what fields to check in Call Manager (8.5) where I want the original calling number's cli passed on via forwarding....

Scenario being....

Mobile Phone A = 0414 444 444

Cisco Desk Phone = 03 888 888

Mobile Phone B = 0414 555 555

“Mobile phone A” calls “Cisco Desk Phone” which is forwarded to “Mobile Phone B”. I want number 0414 444 444 to appear as CLI on 0414 555 555.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers!

That is often asked, but unfortunatly not possible.

If you were able to display the original calling number, that would mean you would be able to display any number, with some serious 'identity' implications.

Notably, it is instead possible in the US and Canada only.

Thanks Kenneth, will give it a go and see what I come up with!

Paolo,

Not possible on CISCO??? Is that what you are saying? As far as identity implications, not sure how you come up with that as it is the originators choice to send CLI or not..... I am not asking to manipulate the number, just to pass it on if presented. Have been doing it on several PABX's here in Australia for many years and the carriers support it.

No, I am not saying not possible Cisco. I am saying not possible in Telco.

Ask your telco if they will allow you to place calls using someone else number, let us know that they say.

Like I said, the carriers support this as it is a redirection of original caller's ID. Not us initiating a call using another ID

Good, so we can add Australia to the list of countries where this is known to be allowed.

However, please note that to the CO, when a call is forwarded by PBX, that is equivalent to making a new call (in fact two B-channels are taken).

So, once you have configured the CM correctly, please confirm here again if it's working or not. As always, you can take "debug isdn q931" to see what's being exchanged with the CO.

Yep, will do!

I just have to make sure with them that ELB is not impacted by the change as well.

Cheers!

As Paolo says it is more an issue with CO then callmanager.

I had a similar issue and after playing with the PRI line settings in callmanager my debug isdn q931 had suddenly three numbers.

Called party and calling party and redirected party, this was to much for the provider, and they reseted the caller ID to the main number.

After talking with provider, and making some changes on their side, we ended up with the scenario you described and also my customer wanted.

JH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: