Views
Helpful
Replies

CLIP no screening feature on ISDN line - H323 Gateway

master001
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all, 

Recently CLIP no screen feature has been deployed in head office - Running CUCM 8.6 + H323 voice gateway. 

After this deployment, the caller display is not showing correct office number, area code is missing. 

As per the Telecom service provider,  Type of number should be "National number" . 

My question is below.     Your help and information is appreciated. 

.  How does this type of number work for local call, long distance call and international call?  Original gateway config is below,  if I change type of number to "national" from "subscriber",  will local call and international call be affected?  

.  Any other thoughts or ideas to resolve this ? 

voice translation-rule 3
rule 1 <omitted> type any subscriber plan any isdn
voice translation-profile PSTN-OUT
translate calling 3
!

Master001 

2 Replies 2

Evgeny Izetov
Level 1
Level 1

If you need to change the Type of Number (TON) only for the long distance dial-peer you could create another translation-rule and profile and apply it to only that dial-peer. This will ensure that none of the other dial-peers are affected.

Thanks for your replies Evgeny.    Yes - I understand I may need to re-configure dial-peers to accommodate this new feature CLIP no screening. 

As the service provider doesn't provide much information regarding the customers-end system requirement, so, looks I have to run the debug and reconfigure gateway. 

Any best practice solutions to deploy this CLIP no screening?    CUCM 8.6 + H323 gateway( just a translation -profile PSTN-OUT for all kinds of calls as my 1st post)

Thanks again,

Master001

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: