Views
Helpful
Replies

Clock not set on CME

tony.elrassy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

the clock is set right on CME. we are in Angola, time zone is UTC+1 west, central africa. i understand that this time zone is not supported by my CME so I tried to set it to greenwich time but still 1h.16 min late though it should be the same ryt now( no daylight saving time).

i tried to remove the time zone, create cnf files , reset the ip phones  but nothing successful.

below is the output of sh vers

Cisco IOS Software, C3900 Software (C3900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.4(3)M2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tony,

Pls check whether the required timezone is showing up in the config file given to phones. You could refer the below document which explains clearly how the phones are getting time from CME.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/52901/how-do-ip-phones-get-date-and-time-cme

HTH

Rajan

Pls rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tony,

Pls check whether the required timezone is showing up in the config file given to phones. You could refer the below document which explains clearly how the phones are getting time from CME.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/52901/how-do-ip-phones-get-date-and-time-cme

HTH

Rajan

Pls rate all useful posts

Hi Rajan,

Well i solved it by setting the clock to be shifted +1 hour in the clock set command.   I tried to change the timezone in telephony services and voice register global, but always i had to shift the clock +1 hour. The phones display the correct clock now, though i still don't know what the prob really was. Some debug commands should be performed, i will go through this in the following days.

The article helped me a lot, thanks a lot!

as an update,  i removed the timezone with no clock timezone so it was set to UTC, and then updated the time zone for sip and sccp to greenwich so now no hour shifting is happening.  

Hi Tony,

Glad it helped. Cheers.

Rajan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: