cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cluster A to Cluster B call routing

Mark Verwey
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1 SIP provider and 2 clusters, the SIP trunk comes in at Cluster A.  calls come into sip trunk router (cube), I have a translation rule that looks at the first 4 digits, if its area code for cluster A it discards all but the last 4 digits and inserts a 3 in front of them and sends it on to cluster A CUCM.  If the call has the area code for Cluster B it drops all but last 4 digits then inserts a 1 in front and sends the call to cluster A CUCM.  I have a route pattern that says if 1[2-9]XXX send to cluster 2 sip trunk, if the call comes into the CUCM beginning with a 3, it gets routed to the appropriate extension/CTI route point/vm.  When I test inbound calling, from the router, I see the call inbound, I see the digit manipulation and it sending the call to cluster A CUCM.  If the call is for cluster A it works, if the call is for cluster B it fails.  I ran the dial number analyzer and if the call dialed begins with a 3 it works, if the call begins with a 1 it sends it to a call block route.  I need calls for cluster B to go there, anybody have a clue where I went wrong, or is there a simp

10 Replies 10

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mark,

You need to check the SIP trunk configuration in CallManager cluster A especially Calling search space in the inbound calls section of trunk and make sure that the CSS selected here has access to the partition of RP 1[2-9]XXX. Also since you have the SIP trunk terminated on CUBE, you can have dial peers in the CUBE itself to send the calls to appropriate clusters directly. 

HTH,

Rajan
Pls rate all useful posts by clicking the star below

I'm not sure how to do that with in the Cube using dial-peers, do you have an example?

The best option will be, translate the number from Cube and send the call directly to cluster A or B.

Check the inbound trunk CSS settings and make sure that it  has privilege to call the  1[2-9]XXX RP partition.

Response Signature

I'm not sure how to do this with dial-peers, do you have an example of how to this using dial-peers?

Hi, 

As per my understanding, your current method:
CUBE - Trunk to Cluster A --

matches the calls area code for cluster A --> Digit manipulation 3XXXX --> Cluster A
matches the calls area code for cluster B --> Digit manipulation 1XXXX --> Cluster A --> Route Pattern 1[2-9]XXXX -PT-ClusterB
Please verify

• 1. SIP Trunk : TrunktoCube CSS should contain the PT-ClusterB
    2. Sip trunk inbound should accept either all or 5 digits

Option 2:
Cube - Trunk to Cluster A --> Dial peer to match area code for cluster A --> send call to Cluster A
Cube - Trunk to Cluster B --> Dial peer to match area code for cluster B --> send call to Cluster B

Regards

To answer your questions from above:

Please verify

1. SIP Trunk : TrunktoCube CSS should contain the PT-ClusterB  -? The CSS used in the CUCM allows it access.

2. Sip trunk inbound should accept either all or 5 digits  - the carrier for the SIP trunk sends us the CID in e164 format (+1XXXXXXXXXX), I have added a Voice Translation rules to strip all but the last 4 digits and insert either a 1 or 3 depending on the area code.  From there I'm lost on how to get the cube to use those values to route the calls instead of theE164 number.  

Is it possible to either share the logs from the CUBE (debug ccsip messages) and a screenshot of your SIP trunk configuration. I am interested to see your Inbound routing section. 

in your first post you mentioned that when running  DNA on cluster A It shows block the call for numbers starting with 1, so you need to check ur dial plan first. Cluster A CUCM doesn't know how to send the call. 

Response Signature

Please provide screenshots of the CSS on the trunk on both CM A and B, screenshots of the configuration elements for call routing in A for numbers in B. Describe in detail the call flow, break it down per step with as much detailed information that you can. Without adequate information we have a hard time giving you advice on what to check.

Response Signature

Apart from the configuration objects in CUCM please provide the call routing information from the SBC.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: