Helpful
Replies

Cluster issues

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

We have 2 callmanager clusters 1=ver 7.0 and 1 = ver 6.1

Each Cluster has six servers.

We have created a trunk between the two sites and have defined 3 servers in the config page. These are reflected in the ccm server group as suggested by the SRND.

The problem we are having.

Some phones are registered to a Server that isn't configured as one of the three defined servers in the InterCluster trunk config page. As a result the cannot make a call over the cluster, which seems mad, as it is supposed to be a cluster. I have tried to create different ICT's and user route groups etc, but that doesn't work.

The only alternative is to use a Gatekeeper. I only want this gatekeeper to be used for the trunk link, I am not interested in the gateways using the gatekeeper. I assume this will be o.k?

6 Replies 6

Manuel Azevedo
Level 4
Level 4

I had a simmilar problem integrating a CCM 4.1 with a 6.1.

The 4.1 Cluster had 3 servers, and the 6.1 cluster 5.

Some phones on the 6.1 cluster could not call the phones on the 4.1 cluster because they were on a server that was not defined in the ICT trunk on the 4.1 server.

This is like CCM rejecting calls from gateways it doesn't know.

The solution is simple: create another ICT with the missing servers.

You can see the document I used to solve this problem:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094729.shtml

Regards,

Manuel Azevedo

Many thanks for your reply, this is sonething that I tried but the trunks then no longer worked once they were put in MRGL's

I need a solution that will work

I can't understand why you'd need to put a trunk in a MRGL (how could you do that?)!!

Yes Indeed how can you do that.

Sorry what I meant was route list and route group.

Typing faster than my brain was working

You'll only need route lists and route groups for outbound calls.

Remember to reset the route list after you add the new trunks.

Of course you'll need to have both trunks in the RG/RL on both CCMs for it to work and use a single route pattern.

Please remember that you need to have a CSS in all the trunks for inbound calls reach phones/routes/translations in their partitions.

If you have similar patterns on both CCMs, remember to make your "trunk inbound CSS" loop proof, so that the call does not bounce from both clusters.

Yes that is exactly what I have tried and I get reorder tone.

It is only when I take the trunks out of route lists/groups. That I can get them to work

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: