Views
Helpful
Replies

cluster migration jabber sigle sign on

balaji.babu1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team,

We have centralized cluster in on location and we are  panning to move the other location jabber phones to the central cluster,both the clusters are intergrated with same LDAP (SSO)  and the users are reflecting in both cluster however user mapped in the other location as now.now our task is to move these 1000 jabber phones from other cluster to the central clsuter.

we have option of configuring 1000 jabber phones in the central cluster and map the appropriate users to the phones and extension (is it possible to do it by bulk)  and mapping the uc profile of the new cluster to the end users and chaging home cluster option

my doubt is there any changes required in ADFS(SSO) to move the users from this cluster to central  cluster  (ICT trunks are already establised between them and connectivity is there ) or any other changes required 

please guide the process of migrating the users .

2 Replies 2

balaji.babu1
Level 1
Level 1

please help

Hi,

I am assuming if you are migrating users from one cluster to another but within the same company then the domain would remain the same. jabber clients use auto discovery to discovery CUCM & IM&P nodes and relies on the corporate DNS servers. They send out _UDS and _cuplogin queries to the DNS and its DNS server's job to point them to correct cluster. Are you using auto discovery, if yes then you need to make sure that your corporate DNS at that site where users are located, point to the central cluster (correct cluster).

For migration, i would suggest you to export the configuration of CSF devices from one cluster using the bulk administration tool and import them on the other cluster. You can enable users for IM&Presence, update UC profile, enable home cluster etc by running a bulk query:

Bulk Administration >>>> Users >>>> Update Users >>> Query >>>> Select the users

Aseem