Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 10.5 - IPComm Call Works, Jabber Call Doesn't

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, 

We recently upgraded CM from 8.6 to 10.5. One of our work from home users identified an issue she's experiencing with IPComm and Jabber at home.

When she works from home and a call comes through she can answer the call with her IPComm over her USB headset without issue by picking up the call on IPComm. She has full functionality and can communicate with the caller.

If a call comes through and she answers the call with with the Jabber "answer button" it does pickup the line on the IPComm but there is no audio through the headset and the MIC doesn't work. No functionality at all. 

Is this common, has anybody else had any complaints? She has been with the company for almost 10 years and pre-CM upgrade she had full functionality with the headset answer the call directly through IPComm or with the answer button on her Jabber. She also cannot use Jabber to one click any calls from her directories. Same problem, it opens the line and dials but there's no functionality with the headset. It's almost like Jabber doesn't recognize a communications device is attached. 

Thanks to all in advance. 

4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Any  reason why you are not using CSF devices in conjunction with Jabber? I recommend to use a CSF device instead of IP communicator.

Please rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for the response, I was away on vacation and just getting back to this now. We don't use CSF devices mainly because the configuration decision to employ IPComm for work from home employees predates my employment. All of the work from home employees are configured the same way. They all have IPComm and a deskphone. When in the office they use the desk phone in conjunction with Jabber, when at home they use IPComm and jabber used to work but since we upgraded it doesn't anymore.

Additionally, I do not have any experience configuring or maintaining CSF. Any ideas why everything worked in harmony together in CM v8.6 and doesn't now in CM v10.5?

I dont want to sound pedantic but investing in IP comm is a dead end street sure it might work, but you will not get any development from cisco on it. Bite the bullet and go csf.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Unfortunately I cannot make that decision to change.