cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM Bulk Admin Error No Message

nickmac74
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to add a 7961 template in bulk admin - but when ever i click insert i get "Error No" no other details - all other phones can be added except this any ideas?

Call Manager 4.2

Bulk admin 5.1

Many Thanks

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nick,

Have a look at the first "Related Bug"

CSCsg59420 Bug Details

devices 7971 and 7970 the size of the string exceeds the size supported

Symptom:

4. Step 1: Add, view, or modify phone templates click next

5. At the phone template page I give it a name> select device type 7970> select device pool> Select CSS> Select AAR CSS> Select Location> Select AAR group> select Phone Button Template*

6. click insert

7. will get the error No. message window

Conditions:

CCM 4.2.3es03 BAT ver 5.2

Workaround:

As a workaround, you could create a template with default settings () for some of the fields and specify those fields in the CSV file instead.

Or, you could also insert phones with the default settings and later use "update phones" in BAT to update the phones to a non-default value.

Further Problem Description: Status

Fixed

Severity

3 - moderate

Last Modified

In Last month

Product

Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)

Technology

1st Found-In

4.2(3)

Fixed-In

4.3(1)ES7

4.2(3)ES30

4.3(1.373)

4.2(3)SR2

Related Bug Information Insert/Update Phone Template in BAT produces Error No. error message

Symptom: When inserting/updating a phone template in BAT, the user receives a pop-up from the web page that says simply: "Error No." Conditions: User is attempting to insert a template for a 7941/61/70/71. Maybe others. The 70/71 won't insert at all, and the 7941/61 will insert depending on whether the CSS and AAR CSS is defined. Workaround: None

Unable to add a template for 7970 Phone using BAT

Description: Symptom: Unable to add a template for 7970 Phone using BAT,thus not able to insert 7970 phones into the Cisco CallManager. Condition: 1. Open BAT -> Configure -> Template -> Phone. 2. Give the mandatory fields and select 7970 for the field device type. 3. Click the Insert Button and immediately we can see an error message popping up on our monitor. This is also observed in 3.3(5). Workaround: None.

Unable to add a template for 7970/7971 Phone using BAT

Description: Symptom: Unable to add a template for 7970/7971 Phone using BAT,thus not able to insert 7970 phones into the Cisco CallManager. Condition: 1. Open BAT -> Configure -> Template -> Phone. 2. Give the mandatory fields and select 7970/7971 for the field device type. 3. Click the Insert Button and immediately we can see an error message popping up on our monitor. Workaround: None.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob

Many thanks for the reply - was really useful.

However still cannot get past the "error no" message reagrdless of default settings or selecting manadotory and optional fields

I found that you can add a virtual directory start > programs > admin tools > internet service manager > open up default web > right click bat for properties

but unsure if this down the same error or another fix.

Kind Regards

I encountered the same behavior with the resulting "Error No." popups. I was able to workaround this by updating my CCM version from the base 4.2(3) to 4.2(3)SR4a, then uninstall the 5.2(3) BAT and reinstall from the plugins page with 5.2(3e).

No more problems with phone template creation.

Just ran into the same problem. My question is that if we uninstall BAT and then reinstall from the plugins page......will we loose our templates??

thnx

charl

No templates was lost as far as I could see - there was a conflict with 2 bat files - unintalled them both installed the latest one and that worked fine

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: