cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM6 - change E1 DID number (calling party transformation?)

Hello,
Could you please help me with digits transformation? My client has the DID 3251XXXX (E1 connected to the PABX) but this site uses 4100XXXX (this route pattern is also configured). I would like to forward the 4100XXXX insted of 3251XXXX (site-to-site) when calling to other regions. CallManager can do that? Does it have to be changed in the pabx? I tried to set 4100XXXX in the "Called ID DN" option on the gateway configuration and it didn't work, 3151xxxx keeps showing on the display.

Site A                                                          Site B       

Analog phone->PABX(e1)->Gateway->  ( CM )  -> Gateway ->PABX ->phone

Gateway is configured with H323 and CM is version 6.

Thank you very much,
Henrique Ferreira

4 Replies 4

shshami
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Add more details please,, and confirm if the below call flow correct:

PSTN (3251XXXX) ---- E1 ---- PBX (4100XXXX) ---- CUCM --- > And you want to change the Calling numbers from 3251XXXX -- > 4100XXXX, is that correct?

How the PBX connected to CUCM?

- Did you try Calling Party Transformation? or a Translation Pattern??

Thanks,

Shadi

Hello Shadi,

PBX is connected to the gateway, I don't have access to this equipment.

the idea is to change 3251XXXX to 4100XXXX like you said.

My custumer states that PBX dial plan cannot be changed. I tried to use Calling Party Transformation and Translation Pattern, but maybe I didn't configure it correctly.

I'm not sure if the gateway or CM can perform this digits exchange..Any idea?

Thanks,

Henrique

I also tried to apply the command "station id-number 41001000" in the voice-port X/X/X:X and it also didn't work.

Hi Henrique,

The simple way for you is to create a Translation pattern and there you an modify both calling and called numbers;

- Call Routing >> Class of Control >> Partition: addnew partition"PT_41"

- Call Routing >> Class of Control >> Calling Search Space: addnew one "CSS_41", and select the new partition "PT_41" only.

- Go to the Gateway page >> under "Calling Search Space", memorize the current one and change it to the new "CSS_41"

- Call Routing >> Translation Pattern >> Add new, and fill the parameters as below:

Translation Pattern: 'choose the called number format' or simply use only "!"

Partition: select "PT_41"

Calling Search Space: select the old one that was selected on the Gateway.

Here, you can change anything with Calling and/or called numbers

As you want to change the calling number only, apply the bellow on the Route Pattern:

Calling Party Tranformation Mask: 4100XXXX

Thanks,

Shadi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: