Views
Helpful
Replies

CM7 - Forward calls when busy

oneill-james
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

On Call Manager 7, I want to be able to automatically forward calls to a message minder.

When both receptioists are busy, phones continue to ring. I want to be able to direct those calls to an automatic number where they will be greeted by a - "everyone is busy..." message. Then they will be cut off.

I imagine setting up a hunt list of some sort, but will I have to set something on the phones also?

Thanks

JP

2 Replies 2

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

You can create a hunt group with both receptionists on it and create a CTI RP which has call forward all to VM
and sends the call to a Call Handler that plays the busy message (as a greeting) and configure the after greeting
Action as "hung up".Just make sure you check the "Always Route Member" option on the CTI RP (when configuring the
Hunt Group), with this the phones won't ring and ring and if busy the call will go to VM.

HTH!

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

You can try the CTI RP to voice mail alternative.

Other thing you could try is using a UCCX integration with a custom script.

As well you can use Attendant console, use the Queue depth to place the calls on hold and the hold music could have the greeting you are looking for and some moh as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: