Views
Helpful
Replies

CMC and Extension Mobility

ian-lewis
Level 1
Level 1

Guys

I look after a cluster that hosts several different companies with the Corporate group.

A couple of these companies share an office space and meeting rooms.  Own phones, GW, partitions, CSS, etc.  They are allowed to call between themselves. 

One of these uses CMC and the other doesn't.  Currently the phones are in the CMC companies CSS with their number range and, when calling out, gets prompted for a CMC, call goes out of their GW, all good.

When the other company logs onto the phone, they are also prompted for a CMC and the calls go out of the CMC companies GW.... not good.

If I put the phone in the non CMC CSS, then no-one gets prompted for CMC and the call goes out of the non CMC GW

How can I configure the phone/UDP so that the CMC company gets prompted and the calls go out of their GW and the other company doesnt get get asked and the call goes out of their GW?

Thanks

Ian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure the right CSS at the line level in the UDP so that whenever they log, they get the right privileges, if you assign those at device level, they affect anyone who uses it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Configure the right CSS at the line level in the UDP so that whenever they log, they get the right privileges, if you assign those at device level, they affect anyone who uses it.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Okay, we use line level blocking, with all the CSS effectively being the same.

So I have created a special CSS, with the PSTN and internal Partitions in and everthing seems okay.

Thanks for the help

Ian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: