Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 10.0 - SCCP/SIP Shared Line - Intermittent Ringing

Hi everyone,

Just rolled out a new system and first day in action I am getting reports of intermittent ring on a shared line. 

I have 7 SIP 8961 phones that all share the following DN:

voice register dn  10
 number 4000
 call-forward b2bua busy 1000
 call-forward b2bua noan 1000 timeout 18
 name Main Line
 shared-line max-calls 16
 label Main Line
 mwi

I also have 2x 7925 SCCP phones that share the same line:

ephone-dn  10  octo-line
 number 4000
 shared-line sip

Inbound POTS are configured as such:

voice-port 0/1/0
 trunk-group POTS 6
 input gain 14
 connection plar 4000
 caller-id enable
!
voice-port 0/1/1
 trunk-group POTS 5
 input gain 14
 connection plar 4000
 caller-id enable
!
voice-port 0/1/2
 trunk-group POTS 4
 connection plar 4000
 caller-id enable
!
voice-port 0/1/3
 trunk-group POTS 3
 input gain 14
 connection plar 4000
 caller-id enable

Users are telling me that sometimes 1 phone rings, sometimes 4 phones rings, sometimes 2 phones ring, sometimes all 9 phones ring. 

Am I missing something in my configuration?

Running IOS 15.3(3)M4
Phones: 9.3.2-10 Firmware

Thank you. 

4 Replies 4

Folks, I performed a create profile under the global voice register and created the CNF under telephony-services and reset all devices.

This made the problem go away.

What I suspect is happening - at night, the users forward the shared line to voicemail. It seems like when you take Forward All OFF in the morning, not all phones are updated and that's why some of them don't ring. Again, your thoughts are appreciated. 

Did you ever find a fix for this issue? I'm having a very similar issue with SIP phone and shared line.

Wanted to update the case... after about 48 hours or so the issue starts happening again. 

The wireless 7925 phones ring (SCCP) and the SIP phones DO NOT RING. 

For whatever reason, the CUCM rings all the "ephone DN" but not the "voice register DN" 

IF I call the shared extension from a SIP phone, only the SCCP phones will ring, the SIP phones WILL NOT ring.

If I call the shared extension from a SCCP phones, then ALL SCCP and SIP phones start working normally again for an unknown amount of time. 

Does anyone have any ideas what so ever? This is driving myself and my customer nuts. 

"The pilot number of a parallel hunt group and shared-line numbers are not supported."

you cannot have shared lines in the hunt group

check below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_cr/cme_l1ht.html#wp3422928490

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: