cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 10.5 Dial peer with destination patter 90T or 90...... not working wherease 9T is working perfectly

anilkumar.cisco
Level 4
Level 4

Strange issue ,

Outgoing PSTN not working with 90T or 90... pattern but working with 9T pattern..

90T or 90.... pattern are working perfectly with CSIM Start command.. not sure when not working with the physical phone..

Enclosed logs for suggestion..

Currently three phones register with CME.. i.e. Cisco 3905 , Cisco 7821 and Cisco IP Communicator..

when destination pattern is 90T or 90.... , user only able to dial 90 and after then busy tone is coming..

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Anil,

Can you try the following on the respective Voice register pools of those phones:

voice register pool 1

no digit collect kpml

Do a no create profile and create profile, reset the pool for the config to take effect.

HTH

Rajan

Pls rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

Hi Anil

Replicated your scenario in the lab , you can configure the destination-pattern as 9[0]T or 0[0][0]T. if this doesn't help you can try upgrading the Ios

Regards

(rate if this helps)

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Anil,

Can you try the following on the respective Voice register pools of those phones:

voice register pool 1

no digit collect kpml

Do a no create profile and create profile, reset the pool for the config to take effect.

HTH

Rajan

Pls rate all useful posts

@ Rajan: I did the changes as per your suggestion but no luck.. still status is same.. Enclosed latest logs.. Kindly advise.. it is very strange issue..

Hi Anil,

Did you make test call from extension 395805 ?

If yes, i could see Incoming Dial-peer as 20002. Is it a shared line on an sccp phone as well ?

Jun 9 07:20:50.112: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/DPM/dpAssociateIncomingPeerCore:
Calling Number=395805, Called Number=, Voice-Interface=0x7FE45E9AD280,
Timeout=TRUE, Peer Encap Type=ENCAP_VOICE, Peer Search Type=PEER_TYPE_VOICE,
Peer Info Type=DIALPEER_INFO_SPEECH
Jun 9 07:20:50.112: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/DPM/dpAssociateIncomingPeerCore:
Result=Success(0) after DP_MATCH_ORIGINATE; Incoming Dial-peer=20002

What happens when you make a call from a SIP phone extension with that config (no kpml). Please provide the below debugs for one such call along with the call details to check (calling number, called number).

debug ccsip messages

debug voip ccapi inout

Thanks 

Rajan

Yes, I made call from extension 5805.. the dial peer 20002 is automatic dial peer created by CME.. I think it has been created once u give dialplan-pattern 1 395... extension-length 4 under telephony-services... Similarly 40001 , 40002 dial peer u will see for SIP phones i.e. extention 5800 and 5801..

Also, When I am changing the destination patter to 00T or 00.... , it is behaving the same.. means after 00 it is not allowing to dial the number.. but when I am changing it to 0T or 0....., it is working.., So seems when it is matching continuous two digit no.. of any destination pattern.. then router is not waiting for next digit as per destination pattern.. and try to hit the destination and thus call is getting failing..

Give me 30 minute to collect the requested logs from router

after doing No digit collect KPML in voice register pool.. it started working for SIP phones.. but not for SCCP Phones..

and for SCCP Phones to work.. I had tried the option given by Sourabh and it worked for both i.e. for SIP and SCCP phones..

Will plan for IOS upgrade finally at later stage..

Great support from the team (Sourabh and Rajan) /

this forum , really helpful.

Heads off to you guys..

saurabh94
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Anil 

Can you provide running configs for this router?

Need to verify codec negotiation between inbound and outbound dial-peers

Regards

(rate if this helps)

Hello Saurabh,

thanks for your quick reply.. PFA requested show run..

for safety purpose, I have removed any incoming dial-peer.. so that it would not collide with any dial peer.. As per debug logs enclosed earlier the call is looping inside the CME router.. not sure why..

why a simple call I am not able to make it.. whereas everything is working perfect with 9T destination pattern..

I am not able to dial 0 after 9... as getting busy tone.. but if I will dial other then 9 then it will work.. means if I will change the dial peer destination pattern from 90........ to 9...... then I am able to dial and math the patter and call is going outside..

Actually I have to create three or four different dial peer based on India standard calling privilege..

like 0 for STD, 00 for ISD and 9 would be the access code..

kindly review the both logs (earlier and current) and suggest the changes..

@ Rajan: I will do the changes on tomorrow morning and then will share the result..

Currently I am doing the testing via CIPC phone.. and the strange part is that.. everything is working perfectly with CSIM Start command.

Hello Anil

You are using pots dial peer and As per the behavior of  pots dial peers, it forwards digits that match a pattern.

for eg if destination pattern is 90T and you dial 90123455676 so only 123455676 will be forwarded to PSTN which is an incorrect number for PSTN. PSTN aspects 0-123455676.

when you configure destination-pattern as 9T, full 0123455676 goes and the call is connected 

in your outbound dial peer towards PSTN make forward digit <value> if you want destination pattern as 90T in dial peer

Regards

(rate if this helps)

Hello Saurabh..

I tried all permutation and combination.. and Everthing is working perfect in CSIM Start command but not on hardpone..

In hardphone only 9T pattern is working..

90T pattern is very well supported in India.. and I am trying to dial my mobile no.. which is any way will be accepted by PSTN provider.. but strage thing is that.. once I press zero after 9 then I am getting busy tone.. Not sure why it is happeing..

some bug is there or what is there..

Hi Anil 

i just need ccapi logs for this call , working and non working . in the dial peers , i could see called number 90 and matching the dial peer.

Regards

(rate if this helps)

Ok.. I will provide that first thing on tomorrow morning..

Appreciate your quick response here..

90 pattern is matching.. but after matching.. it is not requesting or waiting for some other digit to dial in..  and matching to Null value dial peer or looping in between..

I am suspecting.. SIP Dial peer is creating some issue.. as it is created by default by CME when registering SIP Phones like in our environment cisco 3905 and 7821 IP phone are there..  would request you to have look into that also..

provide SIP logs also.

Hello Saurabh,

Sending some important logs.. Pls have review of it..

Also let me know the command syntax for collecting SIP logs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: