Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 10.5 , ISR 2921 without PVDM3

ivan.garrido
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have a 2921 like CME, with E1 controller, but we are waiting for PVDM3-32 to connect E1 PRI to PSTN.

Actually I have 20 SCCP phones registered on CME, but there is not dial tone when I pick up the handset and I cant dial between the phones. I uninstalled the E1 controller, and the condition is the same.

Is it always necessary the PVDM3 for having dial tone and can to dial between the phones?

Thanks in advance!

Iván Garrido

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You don't have button command configured under ephone. In absence of this, you can expect SCCP phones to get registered with CME, but CME won't be able to route the call since there is no association of DN and phone.

- Vivek

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, PVDMs have absolutely nothing to do with internal calls between phones registered to CME.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Nadeem & Jaime, I also understand that it is not necessary PVDM for calling between phones, but I have this issue actually.

I attach de config and .cap file while issue is present, please can you review them?

Thanks in advance

Iván Garrido

You don't have button command configured under ephone. In absence of this, you can expect SCCP phones to get registered with CME, but CME won't be able to route the call since there is no association of DN and phone.

- Vivek

Thanks so much Vivek, I don't know how this lines were missed...

Thanks again.

Iván Garrido.

I hope adding button command would have been resolved the issue.

- Vivek

Sorry Vivek, but I didn´t attach the correct config file...this is the correct and actual config file, but the issue is still present..

Actually, I have defined voicemail (CUE ) in CME, I hace a SRE in the CME 2921,  but I am still waiting for CUE license (MBX license), is it possible that this is reason why occur the issue?

Thanls in advance for your help.

Iván.

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

are those registered on CME? having said Jamie there is no need PVDM when make internal calls from IP to IP. PVDM required for mulitple purpose but not the one which you having a problem.

Send me the show run and show ephone registered and unregistered from CME?

Br,

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: