cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 12.0 and ATA-186 SCCP help needed

Michael Durham
Level 4
Level 4

I have a SCCP only phone system that is working great.  But now I need to add an analog phone via am ATA-186.  The firmware on the ATA is Version: v3.1.0 atasccp (Build 040305B).  I know there is a newer version but I cannot find it on the web anywhere.

I can make and receive calls on an old Bell analog phone just fine.  Even call forwarding works.  But, when I try to use call waiting, it will not answer the incoming call.  It will put the first caller on hold but it will not answer the second call.  Only once has it actually answered the second inbound call.  Any ideas?

Second, I cannot get it to make a three way call on the second dial tone.  I can call an off premise number and then three way with an internal extension.  But if I try dialing an off premise number, I get a fast busy tone.  All codecs are (should be) G.711u and I have a PVDM3-64.  Only one FXS port is configured on the ATA.  My 7975 phone can three way call with two off premise phones.

ephone-dn 7 dual-line
number 1386753xxxx no-reg both
label Barbara
description Barbara line
name Barbara
call-forward busy 5000
call-forward noan 5000 timeout 25
corlist incoming Keyring-National
ephone 30
device-security-mode none
mac-address A8B1.D41E.xxxx
ephone-template 1
max-calls-per-button 2
username "barbara" password 123456
type ata
button 1:7

4 Replies 4

Hi,

Try to remove the command 'max-calls-per-button 2' and test if it works.

***** please remember to rate useful posts

The line cannot be removed.  I even deleted the ephone config and recreated it.  As soon as I put TYPE ATA, it came back with Force max-calls-per-button to 2

• All my ephone-dn numbers start with 11xx or 12xx and one is 1386243xxxx
  • My VM number is 5000
  • I have specific dial-peers for 411, 611, 911, 933

While playing with this thing, while trying to make a 3way call;

• call 1 is fine to ANY number
  • then I press the hook flash and get a second dial tone
  • then call an internal ephone-dn number even the 1386243xxxx
     This works fine
  • call 1 is fine to ANY number
  • then I press the hook flash and get a second dial tone
  • Call VM. 411, 611, 911, or any off premise number (1352xxxxxxx)
    I get a fast busy tone. The call used to get lost but I found that I had another FXS port with the same number. Removing the second instance fixed the call getting lost issue.

I still cannot answer a call waiting incoming call except once and it took two flash hooks to switch between the callers.

Any idea why I cannot dial an outside number on the second dial tone or get consistant call waiting calls to answer?  The system is NOT set up to require dialing 9 for an outside line.

Could I have a flaky (defective) ATA?

UPDATE:

I found that I do have a copy of ATA030204SCCP090202A firmware and I did the upgrade.  This solved the call waiting issues!!!   Now I can flash-hook between calls with just one flash.

Sadly, this did not solve the call transfer or three way calling issue.  I still can transfer and three way call to an internal ephone-dn number only.  No other numbers can be dialed without a fast busy.

Another strange thing, I have the system set to fac standard and on my IP phones it works correctly.  **9 dials the voicemail.  But, on the ATA phone when I dial **9, it rings fast busy.