cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 12.1 8851 KEM not working

dusintoddsfire
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded from 11.5 to 12.1 and the KEM issue was supposed to be resolved. Now the KEM won't work at all, tcl script doesn't fix it like it did in 11.5 and TAC has no answers. So frustrating. Anyone?

7 Replies 7

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
The issue with KEM is affected by a defect -
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvh32224/?reffering_site=dumpcr

It should have been fixed on 16.8 but it is not as far as I can tell from the Release notes. The only workaround for now is to use a TCL that TAC must have provided.
Now, why did you upgrade to 12.1 ?

The tcl script that TAC provided works fine under 11.5 it changes the config file variable from CKEM to BEKEM. Weirdly 12.1 correctly writes out BEKEM in the config file for the phone but some how breaks the config file in some other way that causes the phone to ignore the KEM. I upgraded because manually running this command on each phone config is none-starter. Can't do this for every phone every time the config file gets newly written. How did this get so screwed up? The 8800 phones are the future of the UC offering??? Some how the "fix" 12.1 broke things worse than they were before. 

Ok. So if the config file has BEKEM mentioned than it should be fine. If the kem is still not being powered up or recognized, that would be another issue to troubleshoot.

Can you please share the provided TCL script

Did you open a TAC case ?

do I have to?

YES.