cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 4.0: Call forwarding when busy for fax machine on FXS?

etayeb_dd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have got a Cisco 2821 ISR running 12.4(9)T with CME 4.0 on top of that. The router has one VIC-2BRI-NT/TE and one VIC-2FXS as interfaces.

The BRI ports are connected to the PSTN. To the FXS ports fax machines are connected. Several 7940 ip phones connect via LAN.

Basic telephony functions are working just fine, I can place calls and receive calls externally and internally.

We want to configure that if the fax machine on one FXS port is busy, the call is forwarded to the other fax on the other FXS port. My problem is that I can not configure "call forwarding when busy" on the FXS ports. The FXS ports do not show up in the GUI since they are no ephones.

I have tried huntgroups, but only ephones are allowed as huntgroup members and the fax machines are no ephones.

Is there a way to configure call forwarding for the FXS ports on my CME?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Eyad.

2 Replies 2

foster
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Eyad!

I understand your problme.

The FXS port has not ephone, just setup like this.

dial-peer voice 101 pots

destination-pattern 5000

port 0/0/0

alessandro.dona
Level 3
Level 3

I think to solve your issue you have to use some trick!

assign to yor fax a two number that do not overlap with phone dial plan(for example phone 2xx and fax 3xx)

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 301

port 0/2/0

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 302

port 0/2/1

dial-peer voice 3 pots

preference 1

destination-pattern 30.

port 0/2/0

!

dial-peer voice 4 pots

preference 2

destination-pattern 30.

port 0/2/1

if users want to send a fax to 301 the call will match dialpeer 1,3,4 and if the fax is busy the call will be send to voice port 0/2/1

Maybe this conf could work out,you have to try

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: