Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 7.1 Ad-Hoc and MeetMe Conference

armingojak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

We have CME 7.1 on 2811 Series router and about 20 phones 7911 and 7940 series.

I have configured ad-hoc and meetme conference, and its work fine, independetly.

I have problem when try to mix these two conference, for example, we create meetme conference with two participants and try to add another participants conference (press Confr on phone, diale number, and confirm Confr) but get error "Could Not Create Conference".

Does anyone know is it possible to fix this, or does CME and mention phones support this way of creating conference (mixed mode of ad-hoc and meetme).

I have attached config file.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Although I've never tested this out, I don't believe it's possible to ad a party ad-hoc to an in progress meet-me conference on CCME.  The expand on what Felipe mentioned, ad-hoc conferences are started by an internal party.  User 1 conferences in user 2, then user 3 etc...  Meet-me conferences are started by a user pressing the MeetMe soft-key, then dialing a meet-me number, this starts the conference bridge.  Other users join this bridge by dialing this known MeetMe number:

"Only a minimal set of features are provided.  Conference bridges can be accessed by any user knowing the correct  number to dial (internal or external) with no option to set a password."

Each conference is specific to it's mode and I do not believe they can be mixed (ie: adding a party in "ad-hoc" to an in progress MeetMe conference in CCME.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeconf.html#wpmkr1022683

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

armingojak
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone?

I tested this on CUCM 7 with same IP Phone series and its work fine, but on CME dont.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

That's because CUCM does allow CFB daisy-chaining (and support if I recall correctly started on 7.X), CME doesn't have this capability.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ok,

This function is very important to me, is there a workaround for it.

Thanks.

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think this problem may be caused by both misconfiguration and a misunderstanding of the hardware conference feature within CUCME.

1. There is only one ad-hoc conference number configured, A000. His will limit the number of ad-hoc conferences to 1. If there was already an ad-hoc conference going when you performed the test then that's why the conference failed.

To resolve, configure another set of "ephone-dn" commands for a new number, use A001, and configure them for "conference adhoc."

2. Your post makes it sounds as though you want to add the user via the "ad-hoc" conference method but mentions starting a "meetme" conference. The main difererence is in how participants join. With Meetme, a conference admin must "open" the conference number up before anyone can join. This is done by hitting the "meetme" softkey on the phone and calling the conference number. In your configuration that would be either 5999 or 5998. For ad-hoc, the user initiating the conference must first call the participant that wants to join and use the "confrn" softkey to add them to the existing call.

For more information,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeconf.html

-Felipe

Hi,

I am familiar with procedures of establishing MeetMe and AdHoc conference, and I do exactly as you explain in paragraphs 2

By the way, I tried to add only one participant of adhoc to meetme conference.

I created a lab environment at my company and tomorrow I'll try to do changes on CUCME that you specified in paragraphs 1.

Thank You for advice.

BR

Although I've never tested this out, I don't believe it's possible to ad a party ad-hoc to an in progress meet-me conference on CCME.  The expand on what Felipe mentioned, ad-hoc conferences are started by an internal party.  User 1 conferences in user 2, then user 3 etc...  Meet-me conferences are started by a user pressing the MeetMe soft-key, then dialing a meet-me number, this starts the conference bridge.  Other users join this bridge by dialing this known MeetMe number:

"Only a minimal set of features are provided.  Conference bridges can be accessed by any user knowing the correct  number to dial (internal or external) with no option to set a password."

Each conference is specific to it's mode and I do not believe they can be mixed (ie: adding a party in "ad-hoc" to an in progress MeetMe conference in CCME.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeconf.html#wpmkr1022683

Ok,

Thank you for your suggestions and answers.
It is obvious that it was exempt from the express version.

Thank you.

BR

You can add a party ad-hoc easily.  Just tranfer the call to the meetme number...

Example:

You Setup the Meetme, and someone didn't join as they were supposed to.  You grab a new line on your phone with hold / newcall or just newcall depending on softkey layout.  Then you dial the party.  Once you have them on the phone, you tell them to wait, and you then transfer / dial the meetme number / transfer.  They are now in the meetme conference, and you can select the held meetme call and resume it.

You could also instruct your secretary to do this for you, so you don't have to hold the Meetme Line while doing the phone work load.

Brian S. Turner
CCIE 6145
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: