cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 7.1 and FXO: no caller ID on the phones!

raziel78kain
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

we have a CME 7.1 on a Cisco 2811 (the IOS is c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-24.T.bin).

Furthermore, we have a VIC2-2FXO mounted on the CME; the FXO lines are "routed" to a DN configured on the phones by the command "connection plar XX".

We have this issue: even if we have "caller-id enable" configured under the "voice-port X/X/X" of the FXOs, when we receive a call from one of them, we don't see the caller ID on the phones; in particular, we don't see the calling number, even if we see it on the output of the command "debug vpm signal" (below it's hidden with a series of X):

----------

May  8 10:16:10.255: [0/1/1] htsp_stop_caller_id_rx. message length 17htsp_setup_ind

May  8 10:16:10.255: [0/1/1] get_fxo_caller_id:Caller ID received. Message type=128 length=17 checksum=E6

May  8 10:16:10.255: [0/1/1] Caller ID String 80 0E 02 0C 3X 3X 3X 3X 3X 3X 3X 3X 3X 3X 3X 3X E6

May  8 10:16:10.255: [0/1/1] get_fxo_caller_id calling num=XXXXXXXXXXXX calling name= calling time=05/08 12:16

----------

What's wrong?

TIA and regards.

7 Replies 7

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Raziel,

What you can do is to plug an analogue line with a display screen to the port. Do a test call and observer on what ring the caller ID is displayed on the phone..Is it first ring or second ring?

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hello,

we have tried with an analog phone; the caller number appears between the first and the second ring.

Regards.

Try this command under your voice port

caller-id alerting ring 2..

reset your voice port and then test again

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

I have tried to add the command "caller-id alerting ring 2" under the voice port, then I have given a "shutdown" and a "no shutdown", but it still doesn't work...

Other ideas?

Thanks again and regards.

You can remove the previous command and try this on the voice port

caller-id alerting dsp-pre-alloc

Hello,

I have tried that command, but it still doesn't work...

Are there other things I could check?

Regards.

raziel78kain
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

anoyone can help me?

Thanks and regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: