cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 8.5 and CUE 7.0.5

alexten1983
Level 1
Level 1

Im trying to setup CUE 7.0.5 on CME 8.5 This is my CUE. 

Components:

- CUE Voicemail Language Support version 7.0.5

SinaiVoicemail# sh software licenses
Installed license files:
- voicemail_lic.sig : 100 MAILBOX LICENSE

Core:
- Application mode: CCM
- Total usable system ports: 8

Voicemail/Auto Attendant:
- Max system mailbox capacity time: 6000
- Default # of general delivery mailboxes: 20
- Default # of personal mailboxes: 100

- Max # of configurable mailboxes: 120

Interactive Voice Response:
- Max # of IVR sessions: Not Available

Languages:
- Max installed languages: 5
- Max enabled languages: 5

Im able to connect to it and get to gue but when I try to set up CUE to connect to CME I get this

web login failed error while determining ccm version -1 

jtapi login failed error while determining ccm version -1

Im searching every where and some point to a license but im not the original owner of the cue module I got it on ebay. Can anything be done to make it work with CME 8.5?

19 Replies 19

According to the compatibility matrix, CUE 7.0.x and CME 8.5 are not compatible. You must be running CUE 7.3.x or later for CME 8.5.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/compatibility/cuecomp.html

how would i upgrade it?

Like what file should I use for 8.6.7.

The downloads for CUE 8.6x is at:  https://software.cisco.com/download/home/283671889/type

Which download you'll need depends on your hardware. I can't speak to licensing.

Here is a link to all of the documentation:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/roadmap/cuedocs.html

Yeah licensing is the hard part as I do need to get a new licensing format and trying to figure that out.

Starting 7.1 and above you move to CSL. You need to worry about MBX and PORT licenses. MBX are for mailboxes and PORT defines how many active calls/sessions you can have into CUE.
MBX are available in increments of 5 while PORT licenses are available in increments of 2.
Another thing to note, only CUE 8.6 and above are supported now. The licensing remains the same until you move to 9.X

Is there any way I can move the license I have now on this cue? Im not the original owner got it on ebay to learn it.

What licenses you have now ? Where do you want to move them ?

in CUE ver 7.0.5 it says - voicemail_lic.sig : 100 MAILBOX LICENSE

how can i move it to 8.6.X.

Sorry not move migrate them. I read some where that you can migrate a old license to a new CSL. But the link to the site was not working.

CUE license requirements for upgrade 7.x to 8.6.4

Hi Tibor,

Paolo is most correct (+5 "P" )

You will only need to migrate the licenses for the 7.0 build;

Beginning with Cisco Unity Express 7.1, a new type of license called  CSL licensing is supported. With CSL licenses, the mailbox license count  includes both personal mailboxes and GDMs. The type of the mailbox is  determined when it is configured. Also, the call-agent is no longer  specified using licenses and can be configured either as part of  post-install process or during bootup.

Obtaining Migration Licenses

Note There is no cost to obtain migration licenses for CSL.
Required Information

To obtain CSL migration licenses you need to have the following information:

•The SKU for the features that you need.

This is the information that you determined in the "Selecting which Features You Want" section.

•The Product ID (PID)

•The Serial Number (SN) from the device.

Using the Migration Portal

Note You must have a CCO password to access some of the URLs in the following procedure.

Follow these steps to obtain a migration license for your existing Cisco Unity Express 7.1 features:

Step  1 Go to the licensing portal at www.cisco.com/go/license and click the  link at the bottom of the page to go to the license migration portal.

Step  2 On the router that is running the features that you want to migrate,  enter the show inventory command to see the corresponding product IDs  and serial numbers.

Step 3 Enter the appropriate product ID and the serial number and click Continue.

The product ID is the type of Network Module that you are using, such as AIM-CUE.

Step 4 Use the drop-down menus to select the product family, product, and feature (SKU), then click Continue.

For the product, use the SKU that you determined in the previous section for the features that you want to migrate.

Enter your registration information, including your company's name and e-mail address, then click Continue.

Step 5 Verify all of your license information and click Submit to receive the free CSL upgrade license file by e-mail.

Step 6 Repeat the appropriate steps above for each device that is running features that you want to migrate.

Step 7 Copy the license file(s) to a FTP or TFTP server.

Adding More Mailboxes, Ports, IVR Sessions, and TimeCardView Users

When  you buy licences for additional features on Cisco Unity Express 7.1,  the licences are available only in the increments shown below. These  licenses are the same for all supported devices. See the Release Notes  for Cisco Unity Express 7.1 for a list of supported devices. The  following types of licenses are available:

•Mailboxes (available only in increments of five)

•Ports (available only in increments of two)

•IVR (available only in increments of two)

•TimeCardView users (available only in increments of one)

The corresponding SKUs for these licenses are:

•FL-CUE-MBX-5

•FL-CUE-PORT-2

•FL-CUE-IVR-2

•FL-TCV-USER-1

To  determine the total quantity of licenses you need, multiply the  incremental quantity from the name of the CSL license with the explicit  quantity of increments that you want to purchase. For instance,  FL-CUE-MBX-5 represents an incremental quantity of five mailboxes. If  you select an explicit quantity of four for the FL-CUE-MBX-5 feature,  the total quantity will be five times four, or 20.

Using CLI Commands to Install Licenses

After  you obtain a license file from Cisco's licensing portal and copy it to a  FTP or TFTP server, use the following CLI commands to install the  license. Only the use of FTP is shown below.
SUMMARY STEPS

1. license install ftp://username:password@ip_address/path/license_file

2. reload

3. enable

4. show license all

5. show license in-use

6. show license status application

From this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/Using_CSL.html#wp1102792

Cheers!

Rob

"What you don't have you don't need it now"  

- U2

Here is the link to the forum.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/cue-license-requirements-for-upgrade-7-x-to-8-6-4/td-p/2166354

Seems like you are correct about the migration. I was under the dilemma that this was not possible. I checked the documentation and it states there as well the same thing -
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/CUELicensing_book/Using_CSL.html#wp1106878

It's been a while since I worked on a CUE migration. My bad again. Will correct my previous post just in case.

This is not entirely true. I proved the "compatibility matrix" wrong. I have an AIM-CUE with Unity Express version 3.1 loaded on it. I have this AIM in a 3845 router working just fine with CME 8.6. I said to myself, Unity Express is a freestanding, solitary install on its own platform, doesn't matter what IOS is on the router. How does CME 8.6 connect to Unity? By a dial peer with an extension number that points to it. That's it, nothing "IOS or CME" specific.I don't use a GUI, just command line config of the Unity Express 3.1, so I couldn't tell you about any GUI errors or not like he had. I am going to load this same Unity Express 3.1 on a regular NM-CUE module and put that into the SM-NM adapter and put that in my 2921 router running the same CME 8.6. I don't foresee any problems doing that either. Why would I have problems, again, it's just a simple dial peer that hits the freestanding Unity express. I have the old school license files for the 3.1 to load, so I will keep using them. This is in a lab anyway.