Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 8.6 Call Disconnect Issue

twfredericks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All -

My company has a small CME deployment in Australia and yesterday the local network resource made some changes to the network related to other work but following their changes, a very weird problem is occuring on the system.

The site has 4 POTS lines coming in on a VIC-4FXO card and when calls come in, the IP phones ring but as soon as they try to answer the call disconnects. I was suspecting a codec negotiation issue but since the call is coming from the PSTN, I'm not real sure because it should be G.711 which the IP phones should handle fine.

my ccapi debugs show the call disconnecting with the typical 16 cause code (normal clearing). I can provide any part of the config or debug output required for some ideas.....

I appreciate the help.

Tom

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

try

voice-port 0/x/y

no battery-reversal

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

try

voice-port 0/x/y

no battery-reversal

AMAZING! Worked like a charm. Thanks so much for your quick reply.

Any idea what would cause this would happen. I'm looking at an old archived config and the command "no battery-reversal" was not under the voice-port.

Sometime telco do things and one doesn't even know why. Anyway, is better to have it, that not.

Thank you for the nice rating and good look!

Hey Paolo,

I am facing the same issue but only with a single user.

Using ISDN2e (bri). She answers the call and it disconnects, can you please shine some light please

Please rate the post

Shibly Ibrahim

Please rate the post Shibly Ibrahim
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: