cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 8.6 Phones Unregistered

cigalahgroup
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I have installed CME 8.6 on CISCO 2851 Router with the following IOS version c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.151-4.M8.bin.

I have several phones 7911 which are not registering themselves though I have added them to the tftp and also loads are perfect.

When the Phone start it takes all the loads properly and hangs at registering

Running the command debug tftp-events

I can see the its trying to read

un 8 17:30:35.447: TFTP: Looking for SEP001A2F336D26.cnf.xml

Jun 8 17:30:35.547: TFTP: Opened system:/its/XMLDefault7960.cnf.xml, fd 0, size 793 for process 81

and stops

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The problem was from bad loads (Bad Firmware)  which I redownloaded and configured it worked.

I dont understand when performing the command

loads 7911 SCCP..XX.X.XX.loads 

Some places its mentioned to used the extension and some place its not.

This time I have not used the extension and it worked.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Is this a brand new Installation or it was working before and upon upgrade does not work anymore?

Could you post part of your configuration and identify if you have created correct (correct MAC address) the ephone entries on the CME?

Last but not least, under telephony services have you created cnf files? -> Router(config-telephony)# create cnf-files

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

I will post my configurations to you soon

Meanwhile, you may check the following link where the basic troubleshooting methods are described:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/troubleshooting/guide/ts_phreg.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/213929-troubleshoot-ip-phone-registration-issue.html

Hope these help,

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

The problem was from bad loads (Bad Firmware)  which I redownloaded and configured it worked.

I dont understand when performing the command

loads 7911 SCCP..XX.X.XX.loads 

Some places its mentioned to used the extension and some place its not.

This time I have not used the extension and it worked.

This is good to know and thanks for sharing

On the load command you should always be careful the name of the file to be exactly the same as the file that is listed in the flash of the CME. Last but not least you may read (if not already done) the following "Basic Configuration Guide for CUCME/CME" guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/211270-Basic-Configuration-Guide-for-CUCME-CME.html

Kind regards,

George

I have seen some times that some firmwares  are added using extension. Loads and some are not like 

7911 is .Loads and 7940 is without ...

Why is this ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: