Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 8.6 Speed dial configuration

Please let me how the end user can configure Speed dial in CME 8.6 ? what are the GUI files need in the flash for GUI cinfiguration. The customer setup is 2911, CME 8.6  with 256 MB flash.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cflax
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Had the same question as the last poster ie the menu is there for the speed dials but there is no way to add them.

ie Directories> Local Services >Personal Speed Dials Menu

Found the answer on another post linked below

http://x-ccie.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/cme-additional-features-part-2.html

To add speed dials and even speed dial buttons you need to go to the Services Button > MyPhoneApps > Speed Dials

Phone needs to be reset once you have added speed dial buttons but everything works great

Hope this helps someone

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bala,

In Cisco Unified CME 4.3 and later versions, IP  phone users can configure their own speed-dial and fast-dial settings  directly from the phone. The speed-dial and fast-dial settings can be  added or modified on the phone by using a menu available with the  Services feature button. Extension Mobility users can add or modify  speed-dial settings in their user profile after logging in. Fast-dial  settings are not configurable from Extension Mobility phones, nor is the  logout profile configurable from the phone.

Previously, the speed-dial and  fast-dial configuration for a phone could only be done in Cisco Unified  CME or by using the web-based GUI. This feature gives phone users the  convenience of configuring their speed-dial and fast-dial settings from  their phones directly.

The speed-dial and fast-dial user interface is  enabled by default on all phones with displays. You can disable the  capability for an individual phone in Cisco Unified CME to prevent a  phone user from accessing the interface. If a phone's speed-dial or  fast-dial setting is configured with an ephone-template, the  configuration from the phone applies only to the specific phone and does  not change the ephone-template configuration.

Here is the info for CME;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmespeed.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

Thanks Rob, in CME 7.0 we have GUI files as "cme-full-7.1.0.0.tar flash", please light me do we have any same type of files for CME 8.5 ? from software download it is missing.

Please light me how to enable GUI in CME 8.5 2911 voice router.

I think I'm missing something, here... The linked doc shows how to set up the option to have personal speed dials and local speed dials set up on the phones, and how to program both from the CLI, but it doesn't show how a user can set them from their phone. On my test phone, I can get into both, but they're empty (I haven't set anything for them in the CLI), and there's no option to add new ones from the phone.

What am I not getting?

cflax
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Had the same question as the last poster ie the menu is there for the speed dials but there is no way to add them.

ie Directories> Local Services >Personal Speed Dials Menu

Found the answer on another post linked below

http://x-ccie.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/cme-additional-features-part-2.html

To add speed dials and even speed dial buttons you need to go to the Services Button > MyPhoneApps > Speed Dials

Phone needs to be reset once you have added speed dial buttons but everything works great

Hope this helps someone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: