Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 9.0 + Cisco ATA 187

Hi all,

Does Cisco ATA 187 supports  Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 9.0?

Regards,

Jenalyn                 

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For which purpose you need it? For absolutely sure results, I strongly recommend you use either FXS ports in router, or VG202 / 204. Too many problems and limitation have been reported with the 187.

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jenalyn

Yes, the ATA 187 is supported in CME 9.0

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeroad.html

As Paolo says, some users have reported issues with the 187 - including problems with fax, and also general stability / lockup issues. I generally use FXS ports in ISR gateways for analog devices - however this does require suitable cabling to be available (analog devices need cable runs back to the ISR).

HTH.

Barry

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

Hi Barry and Paolo,

I am trying to hook up our door phone system and polycom analog phone. We have a spare ATA 187 so we would like to use it to connect the those analog equipment.

Is there any documentation I can find how to install it in CME 9.0?

Regards,

Jenalyn

Again, a 2 ports FXS would work much, much better.

There is no special documentaion, one has to find his way through.

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for your response.

However, my boss doesn't want to buy a new equipment and insist to use this ATA 187.

I found some configurations on how to install it...

Now my question is - do I need to copy the file on flash and just put the load statement under telephony-service ( like a usual phone)?? Will it work that way?

Regards,

Jenalyn

The 187 is SIP only, has to configured as SIP phone or sip dial-peer, with all the consequent limitations.

It is not really as task for end user, with no offense.

Hi Paolo,

I checked our door phone vendor and he also advised that Cisco ATA 187 does not support the release trigger or dry contact signal, which means we really need to use other equipment.

Does 2 ports FXS support this dry contact signal to the door system to release the door?

Regards,

Jenalyn

No FXS ports made by cisco supports release trigger or dry contact, neither they are supposed to. These are precisely features provided by the door opener/intercom interfacing device, that has to be purchased separately, not the phone interface. Once said device it detects a a certain DTMF it will activate the contact or perform other functions.

Once again, I'd recommend you locate and work with a reputable consultant, or UC certified Cisco partner, to avoid further confusion.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: