cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 9 Hunt Group Question

taelon_x7
Level 1
Level 1

I have a simple setup where the incoming main office number is translated to ext 200. Extension 200 is the Pilot number for the Hunt Group and I also have ext 200 assigned to a DN that is assigned to the main office phone along with ext 100; that way the receptionist can tell if there is a VM for the main office ext (200) if the lamp is lit. The problem is the hunt group seems to work randomly. Sometimes it will roll properly but other times, ext 200 on the main office phone will just ring constantly. Do I have this setup wrong and that is why ext 200 will sometimes ring constantly instead of hunting? This is my first VoIP implementation so I am not 100% sure if I have this setup properly. Any input is welcomed!

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^5555555555$/ /200/

ephone-hunt 1 sequential

pilot 200

list 100, 110, 111

final 999

timeout 12, 10, 10

ephone-dn  20  dual-line

number 100

label Receptionist

description Receptionist

name Receptionist

call-forward busy 999

call-forward noan 999 timeout 10

mwi sip

hold-alert 30 originator

ephone-dn  26  dual-line

number 200

name Main line

mwi sip

hold-alert 30 originator

ephone  20

mac-address xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

username "Receptionist"

paging-dn 34

type 7962 addon 1 7915-24

button  1:26 2:20

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I believe the problem here lies with the fact that 200 is both the Hunt Pilot

and an ephone DN on the reception phone. Hunt Pilots should not actually

appear on any phone

I would remove 200 from the phone and test again. If you provide what system

you are using for voicemail we can probably come up with another method for

you to see a visual indication for Voice messages that come via the 200 Hunt

setup.

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

I am using CUE for voice mail. That is my only requirement, is to light up the lamp when there is a voice mail on the main office mailbox.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You can take advantage of this Add 200 as a secondary number in CUE under 100

It  is possible to have up to two numbers in the same Cisco Unity Express  (CUE) User profile. Configure the first number as the Cisco Unity  Express User Primary Extension, and the other number as the Primary  E.164 number. However, only two Cisco Unified Communications Manager  Express extensions are allowed to share the same mailbox in the Cisco  Unity Express voicemail.

From this good Q&A doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_qanda_item09186a0080875c6f.shtml#q12

Place one ext in the primary ext field, and the other in the E.164 field

phonenumber - Specifies a number or extension for this user. No spaces or dashes are allowed.

phonenumberE164 - Specifies a telephone number with area code for this user. No spaces or dashes are allowed.

Example:

se-10-0-0-0(config)# username user3 create

se-10-0-0-0(config)# username user3 phonenumber 50180

se-10-0-0-0(config)# username user3 phonenumberE164 13335550180

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_1/ccm_cli/ch4users_external_docbase_0900e4b180814210_4container_external_docbase_0900e4b180814bc7.html#wp1060337

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you Rob. I will give that a try tomorrow and see what happens.

Ok, I just tried to do this and the problem is, when I try to add extension 200 as a secondary number it states that extension 200 is already defined for the User MainOffice.

Extension 200 is the Main Office VM box and the pilot number for the required Hunt Group.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

In our example, DN 200 would no longer have a separate mailbox. It

would roll to the mailbox @ 100 instead, so it could light the MWI lamp

on the phone

Cheers!

Rob

Ah, I didn't think about rolling it to the 100 mailbox.

How will CUE know that the hunt group is going to roll to the 100 mailbox instead of the original destination of the pilot number (200)?

It will see the DN of 200 via the method we talked about and go to the mailbox for 100

It  is possible to have up to two numbers in the same Cisco Unity  Express  (CUE) User profile. Configure the first number as the Cisco  Unity  Express User Primary Extension, and the other number as the  Primary  E.164 number.

Cheers!

Rob