Views
Helpful
Replies

CME 9 / SCCP handsets / Engaged tone required

Paul Cobley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

So we have a shiny new CME (with CUE) installed - lots of features and functionality. In fact I'd suggest maybe too much functionality. Our end user wants to hear an engaged / busy tone when one internal caller calls another and the recipient is already on the phone. Currently the second incoming call generates a ring back to the caller even when the recipient is actually on another call. The actual requirement comes from the callback functioality. We have removed the CFB to VM but the end user now states that rather than hearing ringing they want to hear a busy tone so they know they should press callback.

I considered changing the ephone-dn's from dual to single but this would affect features like transfer & conferencing.

To complicate matters more this is an Extension Mobility deploymnet where under the user profiles you do not refer to ephone-dn's but to actual Dn's which limits our options.

How can we generate a busy signal back to the caller when they call a busy extension ?

TIA

3 Replies 3

Paul Cobley
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Chris,

We'll give this a go and see if it affects anything else (the change to octo from dual particularly).

That will not change the way ringback is heard when calling a busy phone, unless you configure "huntstop channel", that actually disable callw waiting service.

If you want to advise the caller thet called is busy, while still giving called call-waiting alert, a feafure commonly found on other PBXs, you can use the script "selective busy ringback", it can be acquired on the website mentioned in my profile.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: