cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME and CUCM Hunt Group Limitation

manrickting
Level 1
Level 1

What is the maximum limitation of members per hunt group in CME and CUCM? and can i have a hunt group transfer to another hunt group (or hunt group with hunt group number members)?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CME has 20 members limit, but that is easy to overriden by chaining or parallels multiple groups.

Someone else can answer about CM.

Hi Paolo,

Thanks, what do you mean chaining? Hunt members can be a hunt group also? is there any limit to that?

Thanks,

Use the chained ephone-hunt pilot as 'final' number.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

I'll add this CUCM reference to the great info from my friend Paolo +5

Hunt Pilot Scalability

Cisco recommends using the following guidelines when deploying call coverage using top-down,

circular, and longest-idle algorithms:

• The Unified CM cluster supports a maximum of 15,000 hunt list devices.

• The hunt list devices may be a combination of 1500 hunt lists with 10 IP phones in each hunt list,

or a combination of 750 hunt lists with 20 IP phones in each hunt list.

Note When using the broadcast algorithm for call coverage, the number of hunt list devices is limited

by the number of busy hour call attempts (BHCA). Note that a BHCA of 10 on a hunt pilot

pointing to a hunt list or hunt group containing 10 phones and using the broadcast algorithm is

equivalent to 10 phones with a BHCA of 10.

• Cisco recommends having a maximum of 35 directory numbers in a single line group configured to

send the calls simultaneously to all DNs. Additionally, the number of broadcast line groups depends

on the BHCC. If there are multiple broadcast line groups in a Unified CM system, the number of

maximum directory numbers in a line group must be less than 35. The number of busy hour call

attempts (BHCA) for all the broadcast line groups should not exceed 35 calls set up per second.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/dialplan.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Celebration it's around us, every nations, all around us.
Singin' forever young, singin' songs underneath that sun" - K'naan