cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME as SRST - Paging Problems on 12.4(9)T

jmujica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I'm running CME as SRST on a Cisco 2801 and I added an ephone-template for a paging configuration. IP Phones register with the SRST router without any problems but the paging is not working at all. I was using the SRST mode auto-provision none so I change it to all to actually see the configuration with a "show run" and on the configuration under each ephone I have the ephone-template <x>. I went to each ephone and I munually add the paging-dn command and after that paging start to work even if I removed the "paging-dn" command the paging still works. I also have an ephone-dn-template for pickup groups and also for call-forwarding and that one works well.. there is something with the ephone-template and paging that is not working.. is there a mis-configuration or that is not supported on CME-SRST? I tried the same config with 12.4(9)T, 12.4(9)T1,T2 and also with 12.4(11)T that comes with CME 4.0(2).

Any ideas?

-Jose

2 Replies 2

niederriter
Level 1
Level 1

Jose,

I'm having a similar issue; running CME 4.0 w/12.4(9)T; but my paging-dn will not work while the phones are registered to the primary CME. I haven't tested SRST yet, but I expect it will fail as well. I have a case opened (leaning toward multicast routing issues).

Niederriter,

I opened a tac case for my problem with the ephone-template using cme as srst and it was a bug. Developer sent me a new ios image to test the fix and it works but I think they haven't upload the image to cco yet. With that fix I was able to use the paging-dn under the ephone-template without any problems with my srst phones. I don't remember my tac case because I'm not in front of my pc but I will post the case number later for your reference.

-Jose

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: