cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME B-ACD or Alias

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All. We have a call manager business edition server with contact center express setup and I am in the process of testing our SRST system. I am currently running SRST in fallback and noticed that I do not have the option to create hunt groups while in this mode. It appears that you can use the alias command but I am not sure how this mimics an ACD or even if it can. It appears that if I use CME-SRST then I can use B-ACD which will allow callers to hear menus and even queue calls which would be great. So my question is can the alias command loop callers back to the pilot number and search for the next available extension? Essentially I want to queue the callers up. If this is not possible then the CME-SRST mode may be the best fit.

Also, the license available for SRST is for Communication Manager Express or SRST. I assume this means that I can run SRST mode or CME-SRST mode??

Thanks,

Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Phil,

You are most correct here my friend

In SRST you can use the "alias" command to route calls to a rudimentary

hunt group ...but no queuing will be available. You will want to go with CME- as - SRST

to support B-ACD as you nicely noted.

The licenses for both are exactly the same so you should be good to go.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Phil,

You are most correct here my friend

In SRST you can use the "alias" command to route calls to a rudimentary

hunt group ...but no queuing will be available. You will want to go with CME- as - SRST

to support B-ACD as you nicely noted.

The licenses for both are exactly the same so you should be good to go.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob! Do I also need to move my dial peers out of global config into telephony service dial peers when moving from SRST to CME as SRST?

Hi Phil and Rob,

H.323/SIP dial-peers will be used on CME-fallback, while MGCP will be active during normal operation it will fallback to CME when the MGCP goes down or just play with the preference # on those.

HTH

--espereir

Hello Espereir,

I do have the h.323 dial peers setup under global config but I noticed that ip telephony has dial peers also. I wasn't for sure if I needed to set them under this location instead of global config if I switch from SRST to CME as SRST.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What dial peers are you seeing under telephony-service? Dial peers are always global.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

If I issue the show telephony-service dial-peer command I do not see any dial peers listed. However I have dial peers defined in global that show up in the running config. After looking this command up it appears that these are the dial-peers defined when the IP phones register to the router for the IP phones themselve. Is this correct?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks Chris!