Views
Helpful
Replies

CME B-ACD Ring No Answer

Bryan Geoghan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm testing out the B-ACD feature within CME and have a bit of confusion on how it's behaving.

I have a ACD/hunt-group setup to ring phones (longest idle).

Is there any way to make it to where the caller doesn't hear ring until an agent phone answers similar to UCCX behavior?

If an agent phone is on a call and that call was directly to their extension and not from the ACD/hunt-group, the ACD/hunt-group will still try to hand them a call even though they are on the phone. This is causing the call waiting beep to happen to the agent and the caller to hear ringing; shouldn't the ACD/hunt-group see that their extension is in use and not hand them a call or does it only know about calls that were delivered from the ACD/hunt-group?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Configure present-call under ephone-hunt.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Configure present-call under ephone-hunt.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bryan,

Once a call has been released to the Hunt Group it is treated

as any other call to the DN/members and you must use Huntstop Channel

to control multiple calls being sent to a busy member

Call Hunt

Call hunt allows you to use multiple directory numbers to provide  coverage for a single called number. You do this by assigning the same  number to several primary or secondary ephone-dns or by using wildcards  in the number associated with the directory numbers.

Calls are routed based on a match between the number dialed and the  destination patterns that are associated with dial peers. Through the  use of wildcards in destination patterns, multiple dial peers can match a  particular called number. Call hunt is the ability to search through  the dial peers that match the called number until the call is answered.  Call hunt uses a technique called preference to control the order in  which dial peers are matched to an incoming call and a technique called  huntstop to determine when the search for another matching peer ends.

In Cisco Unified CME, incoming calls search through the virtual dial  peers that are automatically created when you define directory numbers.  These virtual dial peers are not directly configurable; you must  configure the directory number to control call hunt for virtual dial  peers.

Channel huntstop is used to stop the search for the two channels of a  dual-line directory number. Channel huntstop keeps incoming calls from  hunting to the second channel if the first channel is busy or does not  answer. This keeps the second channel free for call transfer, call  waiting, or three-way conferencing.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmecover.html#wp1106565

Cheers!

Rob

EDIT: +5 to my buddy Paolo for jumping in with excellent info here!!

"I don't know how, I don't know when
But you and I will meet again " 

- Tom Petty

Channel hiuntstop is not the optimal solution, because it prevents busy agents from receiving direct calls, this that is often desirable for management reasons.

Present-calls instead retains full dual channel capabilities, except that it makes so that ephone-hunt calls are given only to phones not busy.

Along the same note, is there a way to suppress the ringing the caller hears when an "agent" phone is ringing similar to how UCCX behaves when it's ringing an available agent's phone? I'd rather the caller not have the caller hear it ring and the agent not answer causing the call to go back into queue playing music on hold.

No, ringback behavoir cannot be changed.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Paolo,

In my B-ACD hunt group, they are wanting the call blast to all of the agent phones. Since B-ACD only uses ephone-hunt, which doesn't have a "parallel" option, I tried adding a shared line to the phones and adding that as a member. When I call the B-ACD now, and answer the call on one agent phone, and make a second call in, it still rings on both agent phones even though one is on the call. I've tried both present-call options and they don't seem to make a difference. I would like both agent phones to ring from the B-ACD, but if both agents are on a call, to queue it. Any ideas on how to make this happen?

You can try either an octo-line shared DN  or a parallel voice hunt.

Neither method is officially supported by B/ACD-AA, and neither is a good way to answer calls, as opposed to regular ephone-hunt with login/logout, so if these won't work, there is no support you can receive.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: