Views
Helpful
Replies

CME call waiting prompt for calling party

guoqiang.li
Level 1
Level 1

hi,all:

in china mobile, when a calling party calls a mobile phone,when  mobile phone is busy,mobile phone can hear slow beep and see the calling party'number,while calling party hears the prompt:sorry the subscriber you dail is busy now,please call it later.

in these call waiting:calling party can know  called party is busy,and  called party can see the calling party'number.

how can CME call waiting support this function?

10 Replies 10

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Do you mean that when you dial a mobile from your CME, that this scenario does not work?

Or do you mean that you want to have the same functionality on your IP phones?

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

hi,

I mean that I want to have the same functionality on IP phones.

now  called party can see the calling party'number,but when called party  is busy and ignore the second call,second calling party can't know weathter called party is busy or not,or  not on seat!!

thks

In china mobile,when call waiting,best practice hear by calling party:
Hear two sentence:
sorry,pls hold on, the subscriber you dail is busy now sorry,pls hold on, the subscriber you dail is busy now

then hear:ring tone,ring tone, ring tone, ring tone......

if called party refuse, Hear sentence:
the subscriber you dail is busy now
the subscriber you dail is busy now

my customers want acquire this best practice function in there cisco ip phone!

Hi

On an IP phone, the call waiting doesn't work like this.

If you configure your ephone-dns as dual-line, you can see a second call arriving on your line, and can switch between them.

I'm not aware of any standard way to make the system return a voice prompt instead of busy tone.

The only way I can imagine this being done is via tcl scripting, however that's not a simple task and may not actually be possible.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

It is possible, and I wrote it some time ago already.

http://www.ciscoxmlservices.com/en/tcl--ivr-scripts

It is a common request because many PBX have diffrent ringback tones for busy subscribers, and managers often want a positive indication of other's phones status.

Hi

Good stuff - what's the deal with downloads from your site? Are your scripts not available freely anymore?

Thanks

Aaron

Not anymore due to excessive leeching.

I will introduce an immediate purchase option soon, but for now must contact via email.

hehe,no money no talk

I konw cisco's PHL PDI team can develop the TCL scripts,it is free for partner.

if i get it,i will upload here.

Sure, let us know

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: