Views
Helpful
Replies

CME CDR File Accounting Weird Error

walidazab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have an unknown problem with CME/Voice Gateway CDRs when using file accounting method. I have the primary destination an FTP server and the secondary one to write to Flash.

The first issue is an error message I see in the logging as shown below:

Oct 13 17:07:40.233: %VOICE_FILE_ACCT-3-DUMPFAIL: Could not dump to remote file - open ftp://ccme:ea_CCME@cdrserver/CDRCME.CAI_VGW_R_HQC.10_13_2017_19_02_48.777. Error=1544(Unknown error 1544)

Now, I have searched everywhere what this error is about and failed to find any information about it.

However, when I search FTP server, I happen to find the file. I am not sure whey this happens though.

The second issue is about CDR file contents. Sometimes, I find that files received are empty with file size of 0 KB (samples are attached). On other occasions, I find that received CDR files containing only the first value of the first column which essentially is the unix_time field value. For example file: CDRCME.CAI_VGW_R_HQC_02.09_28_2017_00_07_22.132 (attached)

Only contains the following string when opened: 1506553612  and that is it, nothing else in the file. As if all other values were truncated or are missing.

I hope anyone can help figuring out what is happening. Essentially what this is causing is missing many CDR data and so missing accounting for many CME call voice call phone bills. 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

peraocompany
Level 1
Level 1

"The second issue is about CDR file contents. Sometimes, I find that files received are empty with file size of 0 KB (samples are attached). On other occasions, I find that received CDR files containing only the first value of the first column which essentially is the unix_time field value."

- I think this is ok, IOS collect call in buffer and write new file every time. If no call in time writet only first pole. You can change "maximum cdrflush-timer" in min.

gw-accounting file
maximum cdrflush-timer 1435

1432 is one file pro 24Hours. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

peraocompany
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.
Please try replace cdrserver with Ip address:

like:

gw-accounting file

primary ftp 192.168.0.10/cdr/cdr username cdr password cdr

Try to send ping to cdrserver from cisco CLI.

like: 

ping 192.168.0.10

Some time ftp possible use only with source interface.
like:

ip ftp source-interface vlan 1

best regards.

Hi,

Thanks for your input. Well, we do use a host instead of an IP under the gw-accounting file section.

as below:

gw-accounting file
primary ftp cdrserver/CDRCME username xxxxx password 7 xxxxxxxxxxx
secondary ifs flash:CDRCME
maximum buffer-size 15
maximum retry-count 5
maximum cdrflush-timer 30

For pinging the IP, I tried for both the host and IP address and both give very good response time as shown below:

GW#ping cdrserver
Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 192.168.1.29, timeout is 2 seconds:
!!!!!
Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 1/1/4 ms

GW#ping 192.168.1.29
Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 192.168.1.29, timeout is 2 seconds:
!!!!!
Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 1/1/1 ms

What do you think?

Thanks a lot.

Please try collect result for this debug:

debug ip ftp

peraocompany
Level 1
Level 1

"The second issue is about CDR file contents. Sometimes, I find that files received are empty with file size of 0 KB (samples are attached). On other occasions, I find that received CDR files containing only the first value of the first column which essentially is the unix_time field value."

- I think this is ok, IOS collect call in buffer and write new file every time. If no call in time writet only first pole. You can change "maximum cdrflush-timer" in min.

gw-accounting file
maximum cdrflush-timer 1435

1432 is one file pro 24Hours.