Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Conference Bridge URI

francescovestri
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am setting up a Cisco CME 10.5 as a conference bridge for SIP Phones.

The CME is already serving SCCP phones and the DSPs have been configured to provide hardware resources for conference calls and transcoding.

I am now configuring the SIP terminals to use the CME as a Conference Bridge but I am getting an error 403 : FORBIDDEN When establishing the Conference Call through the bridge.

I have tried using the number I have configured for SCCP ad-hoc conference (A020) in the form of SIP URI: A020@<IP Address of CME> but I get an error 403 Forbidden when setting up the conference from the SIP Phone.

A020 is the number I gave to the DNs that I configured for the AD-HOC conference.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Francesco

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure what you're trying to do here, ad-hoc conferences are the ones you make by pressing the conference softkey on the phones, you don't dial directly to it.

If you want to dial to a conference, then you should be looking into meet-me

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime,

I need to specify an external Conference Bridge to be used by an SPA112.

I undertand SPA is an SMB device, however, this case is concerning the CME 10.5 device being used as an external Conference Bridge.

On the SPA I have the chance to specify an external Conference Bridge URI so that when setting up a conference from an analog device connected to it, I can move the audio stream to the CME rather than having the SPA mixing the RTP traffic.

I have tried so far 3 different configurations, all three indicating the Conference Bridge address on the SPA device, below the results:

- Config 1: Specify the CME IP address (which is also the SIP Registrar for the SPA112).

When trying to establish a conference, the CME will return a SIP error message : Invalid/Unkown URI"

- Config 2: Specify A020@<CME IP Address>  where A020 is the DN number used for the Ad-Hoc Conference for SCCP Phones

When trying to establish a conference, the CME will return a SIP 403 Forbidden message

- Config 3: Specify 2001@<CME IP address> where 2001 is a normal DN Extension on the CME.

With this configuration, when trying to establish a conference, the 2 parties that I am trying to join in a conference are simply transferred to extension 2001.

This last attempt is certainly not used to achieve a conference, but only to test that the URI Format is functional. I figure I  should insist then on transferring the call to A020, while trying to resolve the nature of the forbidden error. Any guidance from this point of view?

Many thanks,

Francesco

francescovestri
Level 1
Level 1

Resolved the Forbidden problem by adjusting the dial-peer codecs I now have new error message:

"501: Not Implemented"

This is more interesting as it showes that the SIP Conference Bridge is not published using the same DN as the SCCP Conference Bridge. Perhaps a different sintax needs to be used?

Francesci

Problem might be explained from this thread, where it seems that SIP Hardware Conference is not implemented on CME:

source: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11205391/cme-sip-hardware-conference

... Second, I'm not sure if multi-party hardware conferencing for SIP phone is supported, but if it is, that would be described in the admin manual - again, I have't looked....

Anyone has an update on this?