Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

CME Conference works without DSP configuration

Hi All,

I was at the customer Site today and there was a CME there , they had one PVDM 3 64 on the router installed but there was no SCCP, dspfarm , transcoing configuration.

However, they were able to conference, place a PSTN caller on HOLD (Musci on hold playing) and pretty much everything.

Just wondering how it is possible?

I thought ij ordet o have conferencing we need to have DSPFarm configuration on the router?

Thank you,

Hamed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Hamed,

Ad hoc conferences can be hardware-based or software-based.  Software-based conferences use the router CPU to provide audio mixing  (G.711) and are limited to 3 parties. Hardware-based multi-party ad hoc  conferencing uses digital signal processors (DSPs) to allow more parties  than software-based ad hoc conferencing and also provides additional  features such as Join and Conference Participant List (ConfList).

Meet-me conferences are created by parties calling a designated  conference number. Meet-me conferencing is hardware-based only. If you  configure software-based conferencing, you cannot have meet-me  conferences.

I would encourage you to review the conferencing section in the administration guide for CME:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeconf.html

HTH.

--
Regards,
Harmit.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Hamed,

Ad hoc conferences can be hardware-based or software-based.  Software-based conferences use the router CPU to provide audio mixing  (G.711) and are limited to 3 parties. Hardware-based multi-party ad hoc  conferencing uses digital signal processors (DSPs) to allow more parties  than software-based ad hoc conferencing and also provides additional  features such as Join and Conference Participant List (ConfList).

Meet-me conferences are created by parties calling a designated  conference number. Meet-me conferencing is hardware-based only. If you  configure software-based conferencing, you cannot have meet-me  conferences.

I would encourage you to review the conferencing section in the administration guide for CME:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeconf.html

HTH.

--
Regards,
Harmit.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Hermit,

now it  makes sense.

Thank you,

CreatePlease to create content