Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Conference works without DSP configuration

hamed1900
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I was at the customer Site today and there was a CME there , they had one PVDM 3 64 on the router installed but there was no SCCP, dspfarm , transcoing configuration.

However, they were able to conference, place a PSTN caller on HOLD (Musci on hold playing) and pretty much everything.

Just wondering how it is possible?

I thought ij ordet o have conferencing we need to have DSPFarm configuration on the router?

Thank you,

Hamed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Hamed,

Ad hoc conferences can be hardware-based or software-based.  Software-based conferences use the router CPU to provide audio mixing  (G.711) and are limited to 3 parties. Hardware-based multi-party ad hoc  conferencing uses digital signal processors (DSPs) to allow more parties  than software-based ad hoc conferencing and also provides additional  features such as Join and Conference Participant List (ConfList).

Meet-me conferences are created by parties calling a designated  conference number. Meet-me conferencing is hardware-based only. If you  configure software-based conferencing, you cannot have meet-me  conferences.

I would encourage you to review the conferencing section in the administration guide for CME:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeconf.html

HTH.

--
Regards,
Harmit.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Hamed,

Ad hoc conferences can be hardware-based or software-based.  Software-based conferences use the router CPU to provide audio mixing  (G.711) and are limited to 3 parties. Hardware-based multi-party ad hoc  conferencing uses digital signal processors (DSPs) to allow more parties  than software-based ad hoc conferencing and also provides additional  features such as Join and Conference Participant List (ConfList).

Meet-me conferences are created by parties calling a designated  conference number. Meet-me conferencing is hardware-based only. If you  configure software-based conferencing, you cannot have meet-me  conferences.

I would encourage you to review the conferencing section in the administration guide for CME:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeconf.html

HTH.

--
Regards,
Harmit.

Hi Hermit,

now it  makes sense.

Thank you,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: