Views
Helpful
Replies

CME CUCM interconnection version compatibility

jlallemand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a quick question about CUCM CME version compatibility.

my customer is running today CUCM version 6.1 and a couple of CME 7.1 (on 2800 routers) interconnected with H.323.

Now he wants to upgrade his CUCM to 9.X and asks me what version of CME he needs to install. Of course the idea is to say "the latest".

Now the problem is that 2800 routers only support CME up to version 8.6

Did anybody deploy CUCM with CME without having the same versions?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

CUCM CME interconnection doesn't require compatability since the integration is configured through h323 or sip. there is no need to direct integration.

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

CUCM CME interconnection doesn't require compatability since the integration is configured through h323 or sip. there is no need to direct integration.

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Hi aabueideh,

that was my initial thought, but Cisco PDI told me that their compatibility tool :

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/vtgsca/VTGServlet

said that CME should run version 9.X in order to be compliant with CUCM 9.X

As I did not really agree with this explanation, I opened this discussion.

Do you have a document that confirms your idea?

Anas is correct, and there is no document needed to confirm that, as it is the logical nature of VoIp interwoking. Otherwise one could not  interconnected old and new systems, fortunately that is not the case.

Instead, whatever tool says otherwise should be corrected, and you can ask the matter to be escalated to a true Engineer.

Thank you both of you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: