cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME/CUE Licenses in CME Ver 7.x

bkhanal1971
Level 3
Level 3

I have CME/CUE ver 7.x running in my enviornment. I need to add a bunch of new phones to accomodate new staff members so wondering what licenses do I need to add such as voice mail, ports etc. I heard that we don't require any licenses for the version older than 8.5. I never understand how licensing works in Cisco's world.

Thank you,

BK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to get CME phone licenses which are Right To Use licenses and are not enforced.

For CUE you definitely need mailbox licenses and if you feel you do will not have sufficient number of ports you will need vmport licenses as well.

Your best bet would be to contact cisco reseller and ask them for a quote, which is always free work.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to get CME phone licenses which are Right To Use licenses and are not enforced.

For CUE you definitely need mailbox licenses and if you feel you do will not have sufficient number of ports you will need vmport licenses as well.

Your best bet would be to contact cisco reseller and ask them for a quote, which is always free work.

HTH,

Chris

BK -- What chris said

In the 7 ver I believe licensing is on a 1 phone to 1 license in addition you need 1 voicemail per 1 phone license.  In the newer versions they changed the licensing so it is the number of lines on the phone (7960 requires  6 licenses, instead of 1 in the old style)

Just make sure your getting the right license for your version and you should be great.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: