cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME & CUE ( No welcome greeting on cisco unity express)

yadwindersingh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have a setup where CME is integrated with CUE.

calls are forwarded to unity when phone is busy or not answered after 10 rings. 

From any external phone I am able to call unity voicemail pilot number and able to listen voicemail greeting.

I have an issue when i call any number that is registered with CME, instead of forwarding calls to unity my call got disconnected without playing any voicemail greeting.

Please help me in finding reason.

7 Replies 7

It would be helpful if mentioned the version of CME and what kind of phones you are using. Are you using SIP phones? If am guessing yes. If that is the case, do you have "allow-connections sip to sip" in your voice service voip block? If not, that would cause calls from SIP phones to the SIP dial peer to CUE to get dropped.

Hi,

Another thing to check would be if you have defined any codec under ephone for example G729. I am asking this because CUE supports only G711 codec. If you have hard bind phones to see G729 then you need to configure a transcoder.

Aseem

Try below suggestion from Elliot. If didn't working, please share the output of debug ccsip messages when the call is forwarded.

Hi Mohammed, I have update on this case.

When i directly call voicemail pilot number then I am able to reach voicemail pilot number and getting unity ivr message.

but still facing issue when call is transferred to voicemail pilot number. when noan timer expires. phone stop ringing but Continually getting ringback tone.

Hi,

can you try a test call and collect the output of the following debugs:

Debug voice ccapi inout

debug ccsip messages

Show run

Also mention calling number, called number and the pilot number.

Aseem

Are you able to access VM from any CME registered phone ? Check if that is working or not.

When you press messages button on the Phone collect debugs ccsip messages and debug voip ccapi inout. See if the correct dial-peer is being hit or not. 

Share the show run.

Regards

Abhay Singh Reyal

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

yadwindersingh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

Initially voicemail trigger was configured as 5 digit extension only..but calls forwarded unity were in e164 pattern and that was the problem. So after configuring new voicemail trigger in e164 pattern i was able to resolve this issue.

Thanks all  for your support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: