Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cme dial plan conflict problem

Hi to all,

I have CME setup that does not require users to dial "9" to  place outgoing calls. This omission left me unsupported by Cisco, hence I  ask you for help.

In my setup internal number range is 5[0-9], and there should be also outgoing calls that start with 5. So, there occurs a conflict while dialing external numbers with 5.    A brief sample from configuration is like that:

dial-peer voice 155 pots
  destination-pattern .T
direct-inward-dial
port 0/2/1
forward-digits all
!

ephone-dn  155  dual-line
number 55

!

For example: when I dial 5569432, phone calls internal 55.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Aytac

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aytac.yurdakurban wrote:

Hi Haitham and Mohamed,

Any prefix number is not preferable because of customer choices,

I think you should explain your customer the difference between having a choice and not having it.

In this case, you are OBLIGED (no other choice) to use an access digit. Unless you can find a starting digit for extensiosn that is not used y PSTN.

Using it only for number starting for 5 is only makes the installation totally non-standard, unprofessional, and laughable.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This question have been asked already at https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3246046

by someone as " Greg Vasilyev". Please refer to the original thread and avoid opening duplicates.

Hi,Paolo

I saw that discussion before opening this one.However, for that case conflict occcurs for two dial-peers,in my case it is between a dial-peer and ephone-dn.
So, I thought solutions should be different, also solution for that problem does not work for me.

As mentioned in the other thread: there is really no solution as long you keep an overlapping dial-plan.

Eliminate the overlap, and the problems will go away.

You must also understand, that not in every country it is possible to eliminate access digit, for the reason above.

try this:

- under ephone-dn's change the default preference from 0 to a higher value, let's say 1

ephone-dn xx

preference 1

- under outgiong dial-peers dial-peers change the pattern to (...T) so that the dial-peer will be matched only if you dial at least 3 digits

- change the dial-peer hunt schema by adding the command (dial-peer hunt 2)

I hope it works

B.R./Haitham

If this helps, please rate

Thanks for your help, Haitham
I did what u said but it still calls internal numbers.
I think ephone-dn preference is related with call hunting,so it works when someone called that dn, not for outgoing calls from that dn.

I can't understand why it is not working although longest match is selected for dial-peer hunt. I also tried other dial-peer hunt options, none of them has solved the problem.

I am waiting for new ideas

Changing the preference under ephone dn's will differ the dn's matching after looking to more preferenced dial-peers

did you change the preference under all overlapping dn's that start with ?

Yes, I have changed all overlapping dial-peer's preference. Moreover, I erased all dn s, and left with one dn and one dial peer in test environment, it still does not work,unfortunately.

What about having the "9" as access code to outside numbers starting with "5

", only, whereas for othe

r numbers user need not an access code?

Aytac,

I am still not out of ideas

Just please apply the action plan i told you about and let me know how it goes?

B.R./Haitham

Hi Haitham and Mohamed,

Any prefix number is not preferable because of customer choices, although prefix '9' for only numbers starting with '5' would work.
So, I am waiting your brand new ideas .

Actually, I am thinkin of to modify virtual dial peer that created by ephone. If I can write preference under that dn, maybe it will work. However, system does not allow to modify it directly, do you know any way to modify that dial-peer?

Thanks for your helps,

aytac.

If you add bellow command from

globa config mode:

num-exp 5.......... 5..........

notes:

- number of dots depends on the number of digits that follow the number 5

- first pattern and second pattern has same number of dots

now place a call to a number equal to the number of digits in (5+number of dots).

I hope it helps!

B.R./Haitham

If this helps, please Rate

forgot to add:

any modify you do on the ephone-dn's it will be reflected on the associated default dial-peer.

so to modify the default dp's you need just to modify the dn's parameters.

B.R./Haitham

If this helps, please Rate

aytac.yurdakurban wrote:

Hi Haitham and Mohamed,

Any prefix number is not preferable because of customer choices,

I think you should explain your customer the difference between having a choice and not having it.

In this case, you are OBLIGED (no other choice) to use an access digit. Unless you can find a starting digit for extensiosn that is not used y PSTN.

Using it only for number starting for 5 is only makes the installation totally non-standard, unprofessional, and laughable.

bnstxjohn
Level 1
Level 1

Aytac,

I am sorry that you have been hearing the rude people.

The dial plan that you currently have will not work. Let me explain why.  In CME numbered dialed goes by first dialed not longest dialed. This means that if you have ephone-dn's that is 2 digits in a range from 50 - 59, then you cannot have a dial-peer that will dial out with a 5.  this is a limitation in CME, as the CME is very simular to the PBX dial-plan. Unlike CUCM which is more dynamic.

There are a couple of things to fix this issue.

1) Find out the number range of local dialing. Is it 7 digits, 10 digits, how many digits?

2) Find out special numbers for that location.  i.e. 911 in the USA, 999 in UK, 112 in other places.

3) Find out what needs to be dialed for local calls, long distance, International, Cell phones, etc.

4) It is best not to use and extension that will have digits dialed locally.  in your example your local number 5569432 will be interfered with the extension 55.  Try a different range for extensions, most people use 3 or 4 digits.

here is an example for International calls in the USA

dial-peer voice 8880010 pots

destination-pattern 00T

port 0/1/0

here is an example for Local 10-digit calls (NOTE local 10 and 7 digits cannot exist at the same time on CME)

destination-pattern [2-9]..[2-9]......

port 0/1/0

here is an example for Local 7-digit calls

destination-pattern [2-9]......

port 0/1/0

here is an example for emergency

destination-pattern 911

port 0/1/0

Some examples of ephone-dn's