Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cme dial plan conflict problem

Hi to all,

I have CME setup that does not require users to dial "9" to  place outgoing calls. This omission left me unsupported by Cisco, hence I  ask you for help.

In my setup internal number range is 5[0-9], and there should be also outgoing calls that start with 5. So, there occurs a conflict while dialing external numbers with 5.    A brief sample from configuration is like that:

dial-peer voice 155 pots
  destination-pattern .T
direct-inward-dial
port 0/2/1
forward-digits all
!

ephone-dn  155  dual-line
number 55

!

For example: when I dial 5569432, phone calls internal 55.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Aytac

19 Replies 19

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

I think you are all are going in circles here.  There is no good way to have an overlapping dial plan like this.  You can only hope for some non-standard, unprofessional configuration that might sort-of work and not be supported by anyone but yourself. 

Notice the gold star and number of posts by Paolo's name.  This should tell you something.  He has a very deep knowledge and experience with CME.

It is not possible to "solve" this problem, only to work around it and cause unnecessary difficulty for the end customer.

I am all for being creative and thinking outside of the box to try to please a customer, but sometimes it crosses a line and you need to be able to explain to a customer why the system was designed to operate the way it was and just because they want something to be a certain way doesn't mean that it can be.

Brandon

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

Hi to all,

I was sure about that there is no solution with overlapping plan after Paolo's answer. However, because customer can call overlapping numbers over a different call number(5561346 by 0212-5561347), they still does not want to use prefix. They prefer to dial long numbers. Without no change, they have no complaint about issue now.

Besides Haithami unfortunately num-exp also did not worked.

I don't want to be misunderstood,I trust in knowledge of people in this forum.I am sorry if I cause conflicts. I think late responses from me was reason.

Thanks for helps from all of you.

Aytac,

there is no conflict and no problem. As Brandon mentioned, "certain things" should not be done. Once you have communicated this concept to the customer, your responsability ends.

By the way, I don't think I have been ever rude. Direct and brief, yes, but never rude.

Thanks to all and good luck!

Hi Guys,

If the time allow why not to think?

it's not always good to take the info as it is, move it and work around it ;-)

specially lots of flixibility on IOS from dialplan perspective with comparison with CM.

let me do some lab test and i will get back to you ;-)

B.R/Haitham

Hi Aytac, Guys,

Here you go and enjoy to the max!

Basically, you need to add translation profile under dn's

this way you will convert SCCP overlap dialing nature to enblock ;-)

the translation rule you need to keep any number dialled as it is:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^\(5.\)$/ /\1/

rule 2 /^\(.*\)/ /\1/

adding translation profile pointing to this rule

voice translation-profile Haitham

translate called 1

add this profile under all ephone-dn's as per bellow:

ephone-dn xx

translation-profile incoming Haitham

If still not working with you, Please let me know and i will following it with you

B.R/Haitham

If this helps, please rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: