Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Dial Tone Delay

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

All,

I have some users on CallManager Express 8.6 that get a significant delay (1+ seconds) from the time they hit the speaker button to the time they get dial tone.  The setup is phone--->3750 stack-------->ASA5510-------------->2911 running CME.  Sounds like a network issue  to me but was looking for some hints on where to start the troubleshooting.

Thanks.  All replies rated.                

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should have the ASA connnect directly to the internet, or use another router for that, or even eliminate the ASA completely.

But never have ASA in between CME and phones.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you could eliminate the firewall from the path, as it is best practice in voice networking, you would probably solve this problem and avoid potential others.

OK.  The network is such that the router doing the Internet connections is the same one doing CME. Since this is the Internet router doesn't that usually go on the outside then the firewall on the inside of the router or did I not show up class on Networking 101?

You should have the ASA connnect directly to the internet, or use another router for that, or even eliminate the ASA completely.

But never have ASA in between CME and phones.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: