cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Endpoint 12 Licenses - CME-EP

JasonPia
Level 1
Level 1

We have converted to smart licensing and are out of compliance with our CME Endpoint 12 Licenses.

The licensing portal shows the part number as CME-EP but I can't find any reference to this online and when I contact resellers they offer CME-UL (and some also say I will additionally need L-CME-CUE).

I'm not 100% convinced that the resellers know what they are talking about. Before I place an order can someone confirm that CME-UL is the correct part number for smart licensing a handset?

Why does the smart licensing portal call it CME-EP?

Can someone also explain the purpose of L-CME-CUE? It doesn't cost anything and I'm not sure what it is for!

I've searched through the existing questions but the in the few questions about this some mention CME-UL and some mention CME-EP. I'm thoroughly confused!

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Read here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/eos-eol-notice-c51-740851.html#Productmigrationoptions

I did order some licenses internally to test this, I asked for CME-UL and they show up as CME v12 Endpoint License in the licenses tab, if you drill down, it shows CME-UL under the License SKU for them.

If you're an end user, I suggest you reach out to a Cisco partner with UC specializations for further assistance with ordering, as things change quite frequently and even between versions. If you're with a partner, you should be reaching out to pre-sales for assistance with PNs, SKUs, ordering, etc.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

I have several 7960G with User License, but I am unable to include them to the Smart License Account.

The phones came without PAK, only Serial and Special number, so I can not do the traditional licensing and convert them into smart licenses.

Only thing I can do is include them in "My Devices".

I already sent an E-Mai to Global Licensing Operations (GLO), but they are unable to help.

Marc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: