Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Ephone PLAR

joe.bennett
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have an ATA using SCCP connected to a doorphone on CME7. I'd like to program a PLAR to ring a huntgroup when the doorphone goes offhook but the only references that I can find to PLAR in the CME manual are for FXO ports. Does anyone know how to configure an ephone for PLAR?

2 Replies 2

Hello Joe,

Have you tried using the intercom feature? Check out this doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinter.html#wp1011632

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Kenneth,

Thank you very much. Your reference doc did the trick. I also had an analog door phone hooked up to an ATA an spent a bit of time trying to get a PLAR defined for that port so that pressing the doorphone button would autodial an internal hunt group. Problem is that you cannot specify voice-port x/x/x for a SCCP ATA.

The solution as Kenneth suggested is to use the intercom feature....."It's so simple, even a caveman (like me..) can do it...". It's in the doc anyway.

ephone-dn  11

number 4235

label doorphone

name doorphone

intercom 4444

ephone  11

mac-address 1C58.F93E.1401

button  1:11

That's it. One minor issue is that I notice the phones in the hunt group ring once AFTER they hang up. I'll chase that one down another day, for now, I'm happy. Thanks again Ken.

BDB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: