Views
Helpful
Replies

CME: Extension Monitoring without shared lines

alphonsogriffin
Level 1
Level 1

CME: Monitoring Extension

Currently, Phone 1, ext is setup for ext 2311, and Phone 2 - extension 2322.

I want to setup Phone 1 DN11 to monitor DN22 but when adding the command button 1:11 1m1 [if i say, 2m1 then it works fine but i lose button 2 altogether] - it places the line as a shared line w/ phone 1. Is there a way for the phone to accomplish this without shared lines?

Configuration Example:

ephone-dn 11

description phone 1

number 2311

ephone-dn 22

description phone 2

number 2322

ephone 1

button 1:11

ephone 2

button 1:22 1m11

18 Replies 18

alphonsogriffin
Level 1
Level 1

any ideas - anyone...

Hi,

You can monitor lines without sharing with BLF (busy lamp field). The BLF commands are supported in:

1) Cisco Unified CME 4.1, IOS Release 12.4(11)XJ

2) Cisco Unified CME 4.1, 12.4(15)T

For example:

Router(config)# ephone 1

Router(config-ephone)# blf-speed-dial 1 label

Router(config-ephone)# blf-speed-dial 2 label

Regards,

-- adrián.

do you have any helpful links that I may fimilarize myself with those commands?

Excuse me, but how you can expect to have your line and someone else status on the same button ?

which line would be supposed to have precedence when both lines want to lit the button and take the corresponding display ?

It is clearly a conflicting situation that cannot be resolved without too many compromises, so you cannot do that.

If you need to monitor lines, get a 6 buttons phone and possibly one or two extensions, that's what everyone happily does.

Hi,

Sorry, the example is only for showing how to use the blf command.

Regards,

-- adrián.

p.bevilacqua,

thank you for your posting - i was away for a few days - so basically, there's no way to monitor a line without sacrificing additional bottoms on the rept phone.

Whatif, the buttons are currently setup as speed dials - Can the same button be setup to monitor?

You cannot use a single button for different purposes.

The only way you can associate more than one line to a single button is the so called "overlay", but that doesn't do monitoring and only the status of the first line is reflected on the display.

However, buttons in motir will work as speed-dial or speed-tansfer in the sense the corresponding line is called or transferred to when you press the button.

thank you very much for the clarity. Additional, question follow.

what do solution do most engineers use to monitor lines?

i.e. i want to setup a reptionist phone to monitor a hand full of extensions - to see if the lines are available prior to tranferring...

The easier is monitor button on the 7914 "sidecar". If you configure "service dss" under telephony-service, transfer is done simply pressing the line button, no need to press transfer before.

Note, even if the line is busy (button is red) you can still transfer the call, as long the destination ephone-dn is dual-line and has "no huntstop channel".

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

this more than helpful - can you point me to a link so i can review some readings.

Your reference is "Cisco CME system administrator guide", search in the form on top right.

As an appreciation to those providing answers, please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

p.bevilacqua

I've applied the service-dss command - however, still the buttons do not light up indicating line activitity or status [i.e. red for busy or green for available]

Current, I have speed dial setup and i want the Receptionist to be able to hit the speed dial button depending on the lamp status of the line.

So, my first requestion -

1] How do I turn on monitoring for the sidecar buttons [i.e. line status/activity]?

2] Can this feature be overlayed w/ speed-dial?

SAMPLE CME CONFIGURATION:

ephone 1

description Receptionist Line - 4510

ephone-template 1

speed-dial 13 4531 label "TEST PHONE1"

speed-dial 14 4524 label "TEST PHONE2"

type 7962 addon 1 7914 2 7914

button 1:1 2:61 3:62 4:63

button 5:65 6:64

Hi, use the "m" button command for ephone-dn to monitor. When idle and press it, that extension will be called. When on a call, will initiate a transfer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: