Views
Helpful
Replies

CME External Number Mask

johnsnave1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer with CME who wants to present two different departmental numbers to the ISP (BT). They have two departments both served by a CME and want to present one set of extensions with their dept published number and another with a different published number. They do not want their individual extension numbers presented to the PSTN. The CME has a single E1 to the PSTN.

My question: is there a way to give each ephone dn its own external mask as it is on CUCM?

Many thanks, John.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think the best way to achieve this will be using Translation Rules/Profiles to change the calling number for both the departments to the specific number you want based on the dial-plan you follow for your ephone DNs and then apply the same on the outgoing direction under the dial-peers going out to PSTN

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think the best way to achieve this will be using Translation Rules/Profiles to change the calling number for both the departments to the specific number you want based on the dial-plan you follow for your ephone DNs and then apply the same on the outgoing direction under the dial-peers going out to PSTN

Regards

Deepak

Many thanks Deepak. I'll follow your advice as I can see what you mean.

I take it that there is no option to apply the mask at the ephone dn level?

Thanks again, John.

That is correct John, nothing on the DN level for EPNM as you have in CM.

Regards

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: