Views
Helpful
Replies

CME gets restarted when IP Phone is plugged in

khanfawaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have 2821 router with CME 7.0 running on it. IOS version is 12.4-24.T2.  It has 16 port switch module. Switch module model is NME-16ES-1G-P. IP Phone models are 7961, 7941 and 7942. IP Phones are directly connected to the 16 port switch module in the CME router.

Case 1) CME router is switched on and IP Phones are connected one by one on to the cme router. Here when 7th IP Phone is connetcted, cme router starts to restart. Until then no problems occur.

Case 2) CME router is switched off and and 7 IP Phones are connected. Now when CME router is switched on, no problem arises. All the IP Phone and cme router functions normally. 

Actions taken so far: 1.Changed the IOS version. The problem remined the same.

2.Assigned 6.3w power for each and every port of the switch module. The problem remained the same.

No idea how to proceed further. Kindly give some ideas to corner the issue and solve it. I have attached the show tech of the CME router.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

abukuru95
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Khanfawaz  try using the command power inline auto on the switch.

it will automatically attribute POE to the connected phones.

you may be facing an issue where you switch does not have enough power to distribute to the phones.

try using the show power inline to see the power the phones are using.

rate if this helps !!

Hi abukuru95,

I have checked all those details. Its all fine. When ever I check for the power issues its all looking fine. Thanks for your update.

casanavep
Level 3
Level 3

Did you upgrade the IOS on the switch module?

slongewa
Level 1
Level 1

Could it be a spanning tree issue on the switch module?  Do you have spanning-tree portfast enabled if it is applicable for your environment?  I have seen this once before with one of those modules.

HTH,

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: