Views
Helpful
Replies

CME help needed

rm760
Level 4
Level 4

HI All

I have a CME setup in my home and have run into the worst client in my wife.  She refuses to dial 9 and wants the system to present all of the features of Vonage including caller ID and broken dialtone or stutter when a VM is left for the line.  I have 4 unique FXO lines connected to the CME and require each user handset to send and recieve calls out a specific FXO port.  There is (1) 7965 set with all lines on it for testing purposes.   When a user in my home siezes thier line and dial they see the number being called and then the trunk ID which presents a problem when trying to use redial.  Also the information presneted where caller ID should be is that of the trunk ID.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to keep the CME as my home system. I have attached a copy of the CME configuration for review.

5 Replies 5

daniel.bloom
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure I understand all of your requests however you should be able to use voice translation rules to manipulate the caller id into a format that allows the redial function to work.

You might be able to use dialpeer class of restriction to route each line to a different FXO port.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Daniel;

Thanks for the reply. I have been reading about this but have not found a COR that fits.  Maybe you have an example? 

Maybe my restating the issue might help.  My wife and kids each have thier own line, I wish to insure they each only pick up the line each is assigned to prevent eavesdropping and other teenage issues.  Right now I  have defined a personal line / trunk for each.  When we dial numbers the phones the display the trunk identifier and not the number being dialed. 

There are postings that detail the COR configurations in detail, use search function.

I have found some but they all are based upon internal dialtone.  I need the PSTN POTS line dialtone so we can hear the stutter associated with the carrier features such as voicemail and call waiting.  If I envoke a secondary dialtone I have been able to get COR to work. 

I don't know what you have found, but a correct COR configuration for extension-based FXO selection has nothing to do with dialtones, and allows accessing any telco supplementary service.

You can also used the trunk command under ephone-dn, that makes things even easier.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: