cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Hunt Group and transfer problem

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Seeing a strange problem, I'm scratching my head on.  This is the relevant config:

voice hunt-group 1 sequential
final 900
list 101,105
timeout 15
pilot 150

Call comes in and rings 101 first.  101 doesn't answer so it goes to 105 who does answer.  If 105 then attempts to transfer the call (supervised or blind) to 101, the call goes to voicemail every time and 101 never rings.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and (even better) how to alter the behavior?

TIA 

Cliff

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Any call forward settings on 101? Can you post the config for the ephone-dn for 101?

Brandon

ephone-dn  7  dual-line
 no call-waiting beep accept
 number 101
 label 101 - AMY
 description AMY
 name AMY
 allow watch
 call-forward busy 150
 call-forward noan 900 timeout 20
 huntstop channel

I tried removing the RONA options, removed the hontstop channel, and also deleted and recreated it as an OCTO line, but none of these changed the behavior. The user is in front of the phone, it's not in use, but it never rings when the second member of the hunt is forwarding it back to the first member of the hunt.

Can 105 dial 101 directly just not transfer? Anything else configured with 101 (another DN, dial peer, etc.). You can turn on debug voip dialpeer and see where the call is going when you dial/transfer to 101.

Brandon

Yes, 105 can dial 101 just fine.  And 101 can dial 105 just fine. 

It's only when the call comes in via that hunt group that the problem occurs.

If 101 answers the call into the hunt, she can transfer to 105 with no problem.

If you reverse 101 and 105 in the list do you get the same behavior with 105?

Brandon

Not sure.  I'm going to have to lab this whole thing up.  I was really hoping someone could come up with a quick answer and I wouldn't have to. 

Interesting. I know you can turn on the auto logout feature so calls are not sent to an agent who doesn't answer x number of calls. Almost seems similar - like the hunt group is aware that 101 did not answer the first call, so will not send another call to this extension. I wasn't aware a hunt group functioned like this. Feature? Bug?

Yeah, I'm suspecting it's related to the hunt group even though the call has already terminated to a station.  If that's true, I'm going to need to figure out a way around it...maybe with a second DN on the phone or something. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: