cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME incoming call - caller ID not showing on phones.

jtwardowski
Level 1
Level 1

I’m having issue with small CME deployment using phone line over cable ISP (Rogers/Canada).

Router 3841, phones 7961 & 7921.

Ingress – vic2 - 4FXO board

Phone line provider – Roger Cable phone with analog FXS port

Issue – any incoming call to CME shows as “unknown unknown” caller.

I connected std analog phone directly to Rogers FXS and we can see caller ID on every call

How to troubleshoot this issue?

There’s nothing specific on port level of telephony level.

Note: previously cust was on analog Bell line and caller ID was working properly

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are many, many threads on the same subkject, have you tried searching ?

Hi,

Can you try to type the command "show voice port"? Then you will see

Caller ID is received after X ring(s).

then configure

caller-id alerting ring Y       *note: Y=X+1.
shut
no shut

Thank you and regards,

RJ

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi jtwardowski,

There are 3 standards for Caller-Id signaling and 2 methods available for each standard.

Standards are BELLCORE (default), ETSI and ETSI DTMF which can be configured by selecting an appropriate CPTONE.

BELLCORE can be selected by defaulting CPTONE, ETSI by selecting CPTONE GB and ETSI DTMF by CPTONE BR.

Methods are standard and battery-reversal.

Additionally it is possible to adjust number of rings after which caller-id is expected for standard method. Default is 1. For BELLCORE standard is the only method.

To select signaling method you can use:

"CALLER-ID ALERTING RING <# of rings>" for standard (CALLER-ID ENABLE does the same as caller-id alerting ring 1)

"CALLER-ID ALERTING DSP-PRE-ALLOCATE" for battery-reversal.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Thank you for response. I opened another thread - actual issue is related to missing called_id only on long distance incoming calls. I try to change alerting to 2 and added dsp-pre-allocate. Non of it works.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: