cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME install with some 7961 anomalies

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new CME 4.0.0(1) install with only one 7961 (load TERM41.7-0-3-0S). Since the install, I've had two anamolies with the 7961 (with two 7914 side cars).

1) No dial tone if the handset is lifted or "speaker" button hit- user would have to hit "new call" or "answer". Phone reset and problem cured.

2) Phone was configured and showed three lines (standard call hunting config). If line 1 was busy, call would roll to line 2. However, if line two was busy, it would roll to whatever coverage was designated for line three BUT NOT ring line 3. Phone reset and problem cured.

I'm tempted to replace the phone but want to make sure that there isn't any bugs with CME 4.0.0(1) or the phone load that someone has run into. Unfortunately, it is my only 7961 in the install.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No phones to swap - these are software problems as the reset cure proves. If it keeps happening, I would give newer sw and phone fw a try.

jubug
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get anywhere with issue 1?

We have the same problem with 7961 phones, we use CM 3.3.5 and FW 8.0.3

Regards

June

Hi June,

It looks like you are hitting this Bug CSCsc99161 :(

Symptom:

Rarely a 7970 IP phone will get into a state where the speaker, headset, handset, or line buttons will not work to take the phone offhook. In this state the only way to go offhook will be to use the softkeys.

Conditions:

This has been seen in various Skinny phone loads up to and including 7.0(2)SR1. It is not dependant on CallManager version.

Workaround:

A simple IP phone reset will recover the phone.

Further Problem Description:

This problem can occur on Cisco IP Phone 7906/7911/7941/7961/7970/7971 independent of phone protocol (SCCP, SIP) and CallManager version.

Firmware 8.0(4)SR1 or later can resolve this problem.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Cheers for that, it's alway a bug hey ;)

Will download the new firmware and test.

Thanks Again

June

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: